PDA

View Full Version : enion tools? has anyone ever heard of them?

brad kellner
11-12-2008, 7:39 PM
i am looking to find some info on enion tools. i am looking to buy a enion dust collector locally off craig's list and have never hear of this brand. i was wondering if anyone could give me some info on this brand. i am not sure if it is a quality brand name or if it is like a harbor frieght/rand pro crappo type brand.
thanks in advance
brad

James Boster
11-12-2008, 11:39 PM
There used to be an importer located out of Clarksburg WV named Enlon. I would guess that is what it is. They went under several years agol. There imports were very similar to Grizzly and others at the time, just a different color. They were blue.

Rick Potter
11-13-2008, 1:34 AM
Enlon tools were like Grizzly, before Grizzly got big. They had a large showroom in SoCal, and sold a lot of equipment. As I remember, their dust collectors were made by Kofu, who made them for a lot of brands. If the motor runs good, go for it. Usually if the motors were going to go bad, they would do it right away. Their warehouse had a lot of new equipment that they removed motors from to replace ones that had gone bad. This was usually on shapers for some reason.

Rick Potter