PDA

View Full Version : kreg router table

ROCKY D PATTON
11-12-2008, 3:24 PM
looking for any one who had one. look at one over the weekend like the fence thinking about the fence and top and building the stand any thoughts maybe a sale will come up

Charles Maus
11-12-2008, 7:45 PM
I brought the fence and top from Hartsville. I have PC 7518 that I have had about ten year that I mount in a woodpecker quick lift. I made a stand modeled after the NYW model. The quick lift fit perfectly. I got the micro adjuster for the fence. For the price I like it. I wish the fence was taller, but that can be fixed. I really like the table. The work pieces slides easily on it. I really like the fence because it slides easily and locks down securely. It also is parallel to the front of the table.

Between the micro adjustment on the Fence and the Lift I can really get my router set up exactly the way I want to. I would recommend this setup.

brad kellner
11-12-2008, 7:47 PM
i only ever seen these online but they looked good online and i like their leveling system over the rockler plates.

Andy Casiello
11-12-2008, 9:59 PM
I bought the benchtop version of the Kreg router table. I like the top and the fence - they are great. Dust collection is very good and the fence is easy to set and adjust.

The bench version turned out to be a mistake for me. I stored the unit under one of my workbenches. It was a pain to take out and set up for a quick roundover or something, so I rarely used it. I would use a router by hand instead. A couple months ago I built a stand and put the Kreg top and fence on it. That's been great.

Long story short, the Kreg stuff is great - just should have bought the full height version or just the table and fence.

Also, I had to drill out the phenolic insert myself for the router. About 2 months after I got it I changed routers and had to drill new holes. Now the insert has too many holes. Oh well. I can always buy another one.

John Lucas
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Andy,
The holes don't impact the routing, does it? You can always get Bondo at auto store and mix up a small amout for the holes.

ROCKY D PATTON
11-13-2008, 12:20 AM
i look at the portable one too but i was worry i would out grow it and wish i had the full size so i wait and see if it go on sell the fence is really nice i have the same problem with having room for a full size but i will have move things around thanks for the input looking at the freud or the triton router for the table 3.25 hp so i can grow into it

Andy Casiello
11-13-2008, 7:00 AM
Andy,
The holes don't impact the routing, does it? You can always get Bondo at auto store and mix up a small amout for the holes.

No, they don't impact the routing, John. They are very small and the wood slides over them fine. It's just that I felt bad having this new top and insert and having to drill another set of four holes in it.

Good idea with the Bondo. I may do that.