PDA

View Full Version : Selling and Sharing Time of Year

Jon Lanier
11-11-2008, 1:13 PM
Well, trying to get the inventory up a bit for the big Christmas rush on pens. :o Hopefully I'll sell them, what I don't sell may go as some gifts to family and friends.

Here is yesterdays bit of work. I'm getting ready to head down to the shop and get some more done.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7104/acylicpensdc5.jpg

Frank Kobilsek
11-11-2008, 3:03 PM
Jon,

You are absolutely right. This time of year I keep a Shoe Box full of Bottle stoppers and the Pen Wallet on the front seat of the truck. When you are talking to people in the office, in resturaunts, etc., etc. and they ask do I sell I can 'Yes, give me minute to run out to the truck'. Surprisingly this method works.

Frank

Scott Lux
11-11-2008, 3:10 PM
My wife sent out an email last month with pics of pens, mushrooms, spatulas, and stoppers to friends and family along aith a price list.

By Thanksgiving I will have made (and been paid for!) 43 stoppers, 8 pens, 7 spatulas, and 3 mushrooms. And by spring I need to deliver 2 Adirondak chairs.

I can't believe how many people said, "just make me a nice pen", no wood or style preference at all. The best reaction was from the Mulberry pen. "Wow! It's Yellow! I Love it!" I did warn her it will brown over time.

Lux

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2008, 4:42 PM
Great looking pens Jon. I hope you do well with them.

Jeff Nicol
11-11-2008, 6:59 PM
Jon, I have a bunch of pen kits ready to get going and now I finally have some time! Yours are beautiful! Which style for you is a good seller?

I now have time because I have been deer hunting every chance I got the last few weeks. But last night I got my buck and am happy! Love to eat venison and now do more turning!

Jeff

Jon Lanier
11-11-2008, 7:03 PM
Jon, I have a bunch of pen kits ready to get going and now I finally have some time! Yours are beautiful! Which style for you is a good seller?

I now have time because I have been deer hunting every chance I got the last few weeks. But last night I got my buck and am happy! Love to eat venison and now do more turning!

Jeff

Nice Buck... I just saw a buck trotting down the field near me today. I don't go to crazy with the pens. My variety is Euro's, slimlines, patriot styles, sierra/wallstreet and then I like keeping Jr. Gents for my Rollerball style. I also try to keep on hand red and blue pens.... that color sells the best.

-Jon

Don Carter
11-11-2008, 8:55 PM
Jon:
I try to concentrate on the sharing and it seems the selling takes care of itself...sometimes not at the same time but it just seems to work out. I hope you have a great holiday season.

Rasmus Petersen
11-12-2008, 1:05 AM
Im also running batches of stuff through the shop for christmas.. orders (4 of my pen/pencil kits) and trying to get an inventory up and running for my fist christmas craft fair. This is the H.C. Andersen Chistmas fair in Odense here in denmark, itīs traditional with dresscode and no flashing lights and disco music.. itīs a great place and i have high hopes for the sales.... but having only turned for just over a year the stash of finished things aint that big ... but im hard at work :)