PDA

View Full Version : Engravelab Rotary

Bob Hallinan
11-11-2008, 1:13 AM
Iam using 7.1 Engravelab. When I type in the text to engrave a name badge the router engraves the text and then goes and engraves all of the closed letters. ie. opbd Can anyone tell me why this is and how to stop it? Thanks in advance, Bob

Mike Null
11-11-2008, 6:41 AM
There is still a fill remaining in the letters. Go to the View menu and uncheck "fill".

Bob Hallinan
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I tried that and it did not work. There is a box next to the color bar that says line/fill I checked the line and when I go to engrave it asks me to select blk which I do. It then sends file to engraver and asks me to select a invisible with small red. At this point it shows the closed path letters. I use Corel Draw alot and it has a icon that you can select a no fill. If engravelab has it I have not found it. Thanks for responding. Bob

Mike Null
11-11-2008, 4:42 PM
Did you try the Cadlink website. They have on line help or you can call and leave a message and they'll call you back.

They also have tutorials on that site.

I've had mine for a few months and am very much of a novice though I have a pretty good handle on text.

Bob Hallinan
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
After hours and hours and hours of pushing buttons and changing check marks I have finally got the problem solved. I went to Output and deselected all of the options. Selected Smoothing, High and Engrave, Plate and Selected. Iam now happy with the world. I just wish that Cadlink had a better repour with customers that have purchased their products from day one. Thanks again for your responce to my problem.

Bob