PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Relearned

James Jaragosky
11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
I hope you all do not mind me posting this here, but the CNC thread is mostly dead. I know many of you use Corel, and do node editing. You can get a chuckle at my expense.

I haven’t got a lot of experience in editing nodes and after my first few confusing and frustrating attempts in coral draw last fall I have avoided it like the plague.

I recently purchased the Aspire software and have been busily trying learn it for about a week.
Today after watching the tutorial that came with the software, I decided to try my hand at converting a photo to a bitmap in coral and then to a vector using the Aspire software. After having completed the conversion I noticed quite a few odd shapes, so I decided to use there node editing tools and give it another shot.

Things went much smoother for me this time, and believe it or not I was actually enjoying cleaning up the vector file and making something useful out of it. I can see that after the first few times that the novelty would ware off and it would become a tedious task.

Now for the lesson relearned part: I was happily working along for 3 solid hours when I got a ms. Exe. Error
And I lost everything, and I was only about 15 minutes from finishing.
Surprisingly I didn’t get mad I just laughed at my stupidity for not saving several times.

It is just that computers have come a long way in the last few years that I seldom get this problem anymore.
Windows 98 it seemed like I had to back up every paragraph to play it safe.
OOO WELL Live and RELEARN!

Kim Vellore
11-11-2008, 2:58 AM
James In corel draw you can set up auto save to save every 5 minutes so not much is lost

it is under tools->Options->Workspace->save
When I am busy working I always forget to save. Hope this helps.
Kim

Frank Corker
11-11-2008, 8:57 AM
I agree with Kim, always have the 'backup' to do it's job, I used to get caught on the same thing so you are not out there on your own.