PDA

View Full Version : Major Gloat and creeker visit!

Jim Kountz
11-10-2008, 5:25 PM
Well after pacing a hole in the floor for the last month or two I have finally decided to go through with my plans to upgrade the entire shop, or most of it anyway. I started this weekend with a new to me Jet cabinet saw I bought from fellow creeker Bob Dodd. I drove to his place sunday and picked it up where I met Bob and his wife, great folks! Today I pulled the trigger on a G0490X jointer from grizzly and a G0513X2 bandsaw. I have a pic of the saw but will have to wait for the other two machines to get here to "verify" my gloat. Anyway Im excited to have the new machines and cant wait to get them all setup in their new home. Now I can start thinking about what I want to build first with the new stuff!!

Brian Clevenger
11-10-2008, 5:55 PM
Outstanding! It's great when you can get what you need from a fellow Creeker.

Brad Noble
11-10-2008, 7:24 PM
Way to go Jim. Nice looking table saw you got there. Enjoy it in good health and for years to come. No congrats yet on the other stuff until we see the pics. You know the rules...

Brad

Ted Shrader
11-10-2008, 8:36 PM
Jim -

Congratulations on the steps you have taken towards upgrading your shop. It will be great having those tools - easier to work with.

Regards,
Ted

Russ Massery
11-10-2008, 8:53 PM
Congrats on your saw. And the other equipment you have picked out. I have both units and very happy with both.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2008, 9:14 PM
Congrats on the Creeker visit! I haven't been disapointed on any I have had the pleasure to attend. Congrats on the new shop equipment too!

Steve Rozmiarek
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats a really good saw! There is another fellow Creeker who will be giving my "old" one a new home soon. Enjoy the power!

Jim Kountz
11-13-2008, 6:28 PM
As promised here are the pics for proof. I got the jointer and bandsaw today and just finished putting them together. Not a bad chore but it had its moments. There was a couple of times while trying to get the bolts that hold the jointer to the base started that I let a few expletives fly. Im going to write a complete review of both machines once I get some time on both of them. Best part so far is that nothing was lost broken or damaged during shipping which by the way only took three days! Cool....

Don Bullock
11-13-2008, 9:21 PM
Congratulations Jim. That's a great gloat.

Rick Fisher
11-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice looking stuff..