PDA

View Full Version : Goggles over Glasses

Jim Summers
11-10-2008, 3:41 PM
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone is like me and wears their glasses while spray finishing? Unfortunately, I have to now-a-days. I was wondering what ya'll might do to keep the over-spray off of your glasses. I have seen some goggles on the net that say they will fit over glasses. I think they are mostly for motorcycle riders.

Any experience with these or other options?

TIA,
jim

Wayne Cannon
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I've seen goggles with thin plastic disposable overlays. My helmet+face-shield has the disposable overlays. I have problems with my glasses fogging up when I use normal goggles. The only goggles I've been able to use without fogging my glasses are ski goggles, and even then, they have to be the kind with ventilation around all sides. Ski goggles are very similar to motorcycle goggles.

Plastic wrap would probably adhere to just about any type of goggle lenses to provide a throw-away covering.

Mike Henderson
11-12-2008, 1:20 AM
I use bifocal safety glasses. Overspray gets on the glasses sometimes (I have two sets and sometimes forget and leave one where it will get hit by overspray) but the glasses are made from something that's not affected by finishing materials so I can wipe them off with lacquer thinner and it doesn't affect the glasses - they come clean as new.

The only thing that kills the glasses are scratches.

Mike