PDA

View Full Version : Box Pic

Jim Guy
05-29-2004, 6:44 AM
It seems that somehow my pictures always make my work look worse than it really is. (Not that its very good to start with) But I enjoy viewing other peoples work so much that I'm starting to feel guilty about never posting.
Whats below is a jewelry box. My first attempt. Walnut from the front yard and a lid of maple from HD. Thanks for viewing.
Jim Guy
(Also thanks to Jim Becker for helping me post several pic's at one time. As always I was trying to make it hard Jim.)

Terry Quiram
05-29-2004, 7:09 AM
Wow Jim, great box. What is the size? Curly Walnut from the front yard????? Is the tree still standing or are you using it a little at a time? :D

Terry

Tyler Howell
05-29-2004, 7:52 AM
Jim,

No amount of Pix can cover up the beauty and craftsmanship in your posts, very nice;)

Jim Guy
05-29-2004, 8:10 AM
The size is about 15W and 12D. There were 3 walnuts, all of which were on the ground for about a year before I got to them. They have been sawed and stickered in the top of my barn for about a year now.
Thanks for your kind words.
Jim Guy

Dick Parr
05-29-2004, 8:13 AM
Very very Nice Jim!

Chris DiCiaccio
05-29-2004, 8:30 AM
Excellent Jim, what great workmanship.

Jim Becker
05-29-2004, 8:49 AM
Beautiful jewelry box, Jim! The inlay adds a nice touch, too. It's very nice to be able to use wood of your property in projects...it makes them even more special.

Byron Trantham
05-29-2004, 9:05 AM
I'm with Jim, I love the inlay. The whole project is very nice - great draftsmanship.

Mark Stutz
05-29-2004, 9:16 AM
Beautiful work. I still haven't attempted drawers in any of my boxes, and this was your first!?! Great job!

Mark

John Miliunas
05-29-2004, 9:23 AM
Gracious! For a "first box", you've certainly incorporated many beautiful details, besides the gorgeous wood itslef! :D Nice touch with the splines, the raised panel is just right and, like the others have said, the inlay is a nice bonus! Very well done, Jim! Keep the pics coming! :cool:

Mark Singer
05-29-2004, 9:29 AM
That is a beautiful box and nicely crafted.... The inlay is wonderful and the choice of woods works well....Great job!

Jim Guy
05-29-2004, 9:33 AM
John & others , my first post may have been a bit deceiving. It's my first 'jewelry' box. It's my 4th box. One of our best friend's daughter is graduating from high school. It's a gift for her.
And again - thanks everyone for your kind words.

Joe Tonich
05-29-2004, 10:12 AM
It seems that somehow my pictures always make my work look worse than it really is. (Not that its very good to start with) But I enjoy viewing other peoples work so much that I'm starting to feel guilty about never posting.
Jim,

If the pic's make it look worse, it must be STUNNING!! I would like to see MORE pic's of your projects. (Don't be shy!! :D )

Joe

Jim Ketron
05-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Nice job Jim the box looks great!! nice inlay

I have an el-chepo camera that I take my pics with and the only way my projets
look any good is to take them in daylight hours. If I take them at night they look too glossy and have a bad glare that even the Paint Shop Pro can't fix.
Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Jim Ketron

Mark Valsi
05-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Nice box

how bout a better pic of the inlay and some info on it !

Lars Thomas
05-29-2004, 3:49 PM
Well done. The box looks great. Lars

Jerry Olexa
05-29-2004, 4:26 PM
Great job particularly if this your first one altho you probably paid a lot for the maple if u bought @ HD. Keep it going! Jerry