PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Wood

David Pearson
11-10-2008, 10:12 AM
There is a very old cemetery by my house that had a huge cherry tree fall into it about a month and a half ago. I was thinking about asking permission to cut it up and take the wood, but I couldn't find out who owned it or who was in charge of the cemetery. Last week I noticed that the tree had been cut up and the wood was thrown into a pile in the woods next to the cemetery. Do you think that I should take a few pieces? What is your opinion? The cemetery butts up onto a public park, so I don't know if the tree was technically in the cemetery or if it's in the park.

I was talking about it with my brother-in-law and he said that if I did take some then I'd have to watch out for bowltergiests. :eek:

scott schmidt grasshopper
11-10-2008, 10:31 AM
looks like your BIL got it right.be sure to say a resting prayer over the wood before you take it, spirits could be attached. not sure if that story is a good selling point , I helped take out a myrtlewood tree from the VA cem and had to bless it several times. the wood might still be good. but wont be for long. ask at city hall. they can tell you who is the controller for the cemetary..

Steve Busey
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
If city hall can't help, check with some area funeral homes - they should have a contact for all the area cemeteries.

michael gallagher
11-10-2008, 1:35 PM
I always like the story behind the wood, so go grab some! You could make an urn with it!

Curt Fuller
11-10-2008, 7:44 PM
It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!

Richard Madison
11-10-2008, 8:14 PM
The responsible thing to do is to be a good citizen and voluntarily help clean up that park and cemetary by removing as much of the unwanted wood as possible. Those who notice will appreciate your service. And by the time you get "official" permission, the wood will be compost.

Jamie Cowan
11-10-2008, 8:24 PM
Take it. Act like you're supposed to be doing it, and if anybody stops by, just start complaining about having to do it all yourself--maybe you can get a helping hand.

Chris Haas
11-11-2008, 9:18 PM
get it, dont think twice, if someone asks questions, play dumb. its easy.

David Pearson
11-13-2008, 1:51 PM
Take it. Act like you're supposed to be doing it, and if anybody stops by, just start complaining about having to do it all yourself--maybe you can get a helping hand.

That's a GREAT idea!!

Jim Koepke
11-13-2008, 2:07 PM
I always like the story behind the wood, so go grab some! You could make an urn with it!

Maybe even sell a few to urn your keep.

Ugh!

jim

Jim Koepke
11-13-2008, 2:10 PM

Get and wear one of those bright orange safety vests and everyone will think you work for the city or county.

Heck, print up a "work order" to show anyone who comes along.

jtk

Joe Melton
11-13-2008, 3:06 PM
If any of you people ever come to my shop, you're not getting out of sight for even a second.