PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me?

George Summers
05-28-2004, 8:14 PM
The last four times I have come to 'The Creek', I have had to log in. I check the box for 'remember me' but I am forgotten. All the other forums are remembering me so I believe that my computer is still storing cookies.

George

Make that last Five times - just came back to see if there was a response.

G

Dick Parr
05-28-2004, 9:21 PM
George, if you logout you will need to log back in each time.

George Summers
05-29-2004, 8:27 AM
I don't 'log-out'. I just came back this morning and had to log in again. I know that the computer is still storing cookies, cause WoodNet, The Oak, WoodCentral and WWA all are remembering. I checked my internet settings and cookies are ok.

George

John Miliunas
05-29-2004, 9:28 AM
George, try cleaning out your "cache" and find any cookies for SMC and delete them, as well, then close out of your browser. When you come back to SMC, you'll need to log back in, but on subsequent returns, you shouldn't have to. I have a hunch that either, your cache or your cookies got "stuck" on one time when you either, logged out or this was a "blip" in the system. :cool:

Joe Suelter
05-29-2004, 10:47 AM
I never log out, just close the screen. When I return, SMC remembers me, unless I delete "cookies", that is the only time I ever have to log back in...period. Check your computer to make sure you have "cookies" enabled.

George Summers
05-29-2004, 5:28 PM
Thanks John -

I cleaned the 'cache' and deleted all cookies. All works well now.

George

John Miliunas
05-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Good deal, George. I do my own from time to time, just as a matter of "housekeeping"... :) :cool: