PDA

View Full Version : ..can't believe it...

Butch Edwards
11-09-2008, 7:27 PM
...just found out my cousin just put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger... left a 7 y/o son....the boy was just 29, and made the wrong choice...now all his boy has to look forward to is his heroin addicted mom who lost custody while in jail... poor kid... :(

Sonny Edmonds
11-09-2008, 7:34 PM
I've got a 7 year old Grandson. (1 of 9)
I know what something like that would do to his world.
What a damn shame.
My heart goes out to that little boy.

Karl Brogger
11-09-2008, 7:51 PM
Both of my parents are dead, I'm 27. My mother died when I was ten, my father passed away four years ago. I've battled my share of depression. At some point I turned into a fairly troubled, angry teenager. I can't say I condone a selfish act as such, but I understand it. My turning point was when I stopped blaming myself, and realized everyone else was the problem and not me. Thats actually a dangerous realization to make, you go from wanting to end it, to wanting ending others you view as the problem. Somewhere in there I probably could have easily made the turn to unbalanced serial killer.

Eric Larsen
11-09-2008, 8:07 PM
There's nothing I can really say other than: I'm so sorry about your family's loss.

...just found out my cousin just put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger... left a 7 y/o son....the boy was just 29, and made the wrong choice...now all his boy has to look forward to is his heroin addicted mom who lost custody while in jail... poor kid... :(

John Shuk
11-09-2008, 8:30 PM
Ditto Eric's comments.

Jared Larrow
11-09-2008, 9:08 PM
Butch -

As Eric said, I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss, and my thoughts go out to the boy.

Jared

Butch Edwards
11-09-2008, 9:55 PM
many Thanks to you all during this time...

Leigh Costello
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Butch,
My condolences. I returned to the work force this summer to help my friend and boss get back on her feet after her grandson (26) shot himself in the head in her backyard, leaving behind a family of 2 sons 8 and 5. Why he did it is not important. How we handle it is. Cry, scream, or whatever but let it out. Then try to help where you can. Then cry and scream some more. My prayers are going out to you and yours now. God bless.

Phyllis Meyer
11-10-2008, 9:08 AM
So sorry about this Butch, we will be praying for your family and especially his son!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Randal Stevenson
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I would do everything I could to not tell the kid how his father died, as those who have lost a parent to suicides chances go up for them attempting it.