PDA

View Full Version : Ebony Coffee Mug

Andrew Derhammer
11-09-2008, 6:55 PM
Well not really ebony, just thought that'd get you attention. Ebonzied butternut and a band of inlace. Rattle can deft lacquer, Don Pencil buffed:p. Works well and insulates very well.
Last thing that I got turned before i've started with these health problems. EKG and chest xray showed nothing, waiting for blood work tests to come back.
Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, not being sold anywhere so didn't put alot of effort into it.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/Doomsdayboy666/102_1886.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/Doomsdayboy666/102_1888.jpg

curtis rosche
11-09-2008, 7:06 PM
nice work, hope you get better and back to turning soon.

Allen Neighbors
11-09-2008, 7:41 PM
Andrew, nice job on the mug. Is that one of the inserts from CS?
I hope you get your health on the mend. That's a Hebrew 'hope', too. :D The kind of hope that looks forward to with joyful anticipation!

Andrew Derhammer
11-09-2008, 7:42 PM
Andrew, nice job on the mug. Is that one of the inserts from CS?
I hope you get your health on the mend. That's a Hebrew 'hope', too. :D The kind of hope that looks forward to with joyful anticipation!
Yup it's the travel mug insert.
I decided to leave mine to an interference fit instead of gluing it. This way it can be removed and run through the dishwasher. And the lacquer is on the inside and out. Thanks for the wishes guys, i hope they don't take to long to diagnose this.

Steve Schlumpf
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Very nice looking coffee mug Andrew! Great job on the ebonizing! I like the color of the inlace - makes everything pop! Probably a good idea to be able to remove the insert for cleaning.

Best of luck with your health issues! Hope they find something real soon and you can get on the road to recovery!

Bernie Weishapl
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Great looking mug and well done on the colors. I hope things go well and the tests come back ok.

Greg Just
11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Nice looking mug Andrew - I have 4 of these kits that I need to make for Christmas presents. Any tips you can offer? Did you do a solid glue-up for your mug?

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Andrew Derhammer
11-10-2008, 6:31 PM
Nice looking mug Andrew - I have 4 of these kits that I need to make for Christmas presents. Any tips you can offer? Did you do a solid glue-up for your mug?

Thanks for sharing.

Greg
I solid butternut blanks from woodcraft. It's all I could get in that size that was dry. So that's why I ebonized. I did a lot of cut and check the fit until it was pretty darn close. I suggest faceplate over chuck for more stability.

robert hainstock
11-10-2008, 8:01 PM
Been hoping to see one of tose, I like your idea of removing it too.
Here's hoping for quick diagnosis, simple problem, and many years of good health. :):)
Bob