PDA

View Full Version : Vacu Press gloat...maybe.....I hope

James Hart
11-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I picked up a very hefty Vacu Press veneer vacuum press last night. Seller said it had never been used.

The pump runs fine when I switch on the 'continuous clamping mode",but doesn't run at all when I switch on the 'cycling vacuum press mode.' Red light goes on on the switch, but motor doesn't come on.

I've posted on the companies forum and am anxiously waiting for them to open on Monday.

Anyone have one of these? Any ideas? Once it's running, it'll be a real gloat with pictures.

Thanks,

Jim

Jamie Buxton
11-09-2008, 2:21 PM
In your system there's a sensor for the vacuum pressure. It controls a relay which turns the pump on or off. The relay and the pump seem healthy because you can run the pump continuously. So start looking at the sensor, the wiring, and the switch which tells it whether to run continuously or pressure-controlled. If the system really has never been run, the most likely fault is a connector which has fallen off. If the seller hasn't been quite honest with you, it could be anything.

Brad Shipton
11-09-2008, 2:30 PM
Did you try adjusting the dial to the left of the knob to adjust the vacuum? It adjusts the pump cycling. Send an email to Darryl, he will help sort this out and the gang on the Vacupress forum are really helpful. You will enjoy the machine once you have it all setup correctly.

Brad

Earl Kelly
11-09-2008, 4:40 PM
James,

Has the pump been sitting idle for quite a while? If so, at least on my blue pump, the switch can get stuck and a swat(with your hand) on the side of the casing where the switch is, works every time.

Also try putting a load on the pump, by putting your thumb over the hose and flipping the switch back and forth. If either of those don't work you have a bad/loose connection or a malfunctioning vacuum control switch. The cover is easy to take off.

Earl

Glenn Shotwell
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
What Jamie and Brad are saying is to adjust the "vacuum switch". It just an electrical switch controlled by vacuum that turns on (cycles) the pump dependent on what level of vacuum pressure is reached. And it sounds like on your unit the vacuum switch would be adjusted with a knob. From what you say my guess would be the vacuum switch circuitry too.

Or the switch that toggles between the two modes.