PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw blade question

Jay Jolliffe
11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I have a Grizzly 0512x3. Haven't used it to much since I got it in Dec. When I set it up with the 1/2" blade that it came with every thing went ok. I put a 3/4" blade to resaw some Purple Heart & that went ok on problem. I put on a 1/4" & when I tension it it rides on the edge of the wheels & won't go to the center like the other blades unless I reduce the tension & then I can't use it. Any Ideas of whats wrong.

Pete Bradley
11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think there's anything amiss. It's not uncommon to have to adjust the tracking differently for different bands. Don't forget you only adjust tracking while spinning the wheels by hand, not while it's running.

Pete

david kramer
11-09-2008, 6:16 PM
when I tension it it rides on the edge of the wheels & won't go to the center like the other blades unless I reduce the tension & then I can't use it. Any Ideas of whats wrong.

Jay,

I assume that you're adjusting the tracking with the adjustment knob on the upper wheel. If you can't track the blade to the center of the wheel using this method, then something is amiss with the blade, the setup of the machine, or even that the frame is bent. But if that were the case it would happen with all of the blades. The 1/4" blade should be the easiest to tune. Perhaps check that the wheels are coplanar?

David