PDA

View Full Version : etsaders

Mike Stanton
05-28-2004, 6:34 PM
My belt sander ate the cord and I can't get it out so I cut the cord and tryed to pull it out but can't. What is the best belt sander 3x21 Mine is a pc.Mike :confused:

Tony Falotico
05-28-2004, 6:49 PM
:o I recently purchased a DeWalt 433 belt sander, and the first time out I accidentally got too close to the cord, the belt grabbed it and jammed it up in the works. Ended up taking the machine apart to get the cord free.

It was my fault, not the machines, and I would recommend the DeWalt. Just clip the cord into the little cord clip at the back end to keep it out of the way.

If your sander is otherwise in good shape, try to take it apart and replace the cord. At this point, what do you have to lose?

Tyler Howell
05-28-2004, 8:37 PM
Mike,

Cut some more! See if you can reach in and pull out a strand of wire at a time.
Then go for the sheath, Little pieces, works good. Did you try releasing the roller tension?? that may give you a little more room.;)
If all else fails I'm a Makita man and very happy about. My 15 YO 3x21 has been ridden hard and put away wet, and still comes back for more.

Mark Stutz
05-29-2004, 9:33 AM
Mike,
I did the same thing. Had an old but barely used Rockwell that belonged to my Dad. Took it to the Delta service center in town. Good as new. :)

Mark