PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Selling Machines...

Derek Arita
11-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I just recently move to the Sacramento, CA area. Unfortunately, I have less space than I expected and I have to sell some machines. I So. Cal. we have the Recycler Magazine that is a free ad paper, however up here in Nor. Cal. there seems to be nothing of the sort. For those who live up here, what's the best way to sell stuff in these here parts?

Alan DuBoff
11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I just recently move to the Sacramento, CA area. Unfortunately, I have less space than I expected and I have to sell some machines. I So. Cal. we have the Recycler Magazine that is a free ad paper, however up here in Nor. Cal. there seems to be nothing of the sort. For those who live up here, what's the best way to sell stuff in these here parts?
Use craigslist (http://www.craigslist.org/). My oh my, the Recycler...I bought a lot of vintage guitars in the day out of the Recycler...used to get up on Thurs. to get the new edition at the Recycler office...brings back memories...:) I owned a vintage guitar store on Sunset, down in Hollywood...:)

Anyway, craigslist is your pal.

Steve Rozmiarek
11-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Derek, I sold four big tools using just the classifieds here on the Creek. The amount of interest they generated was amazing. I live in the middle of no where, and wanted to sell them somewhat locally for delivery reasons, so the pool of prospective buyers for mine where far smaller then yours should be. It will cost you $6.00, or a membership (same price I think), and you are good to go. The great thing about advertising here is that everyone who sees the ad is to some extent, an expert on these tools already. Try it, and get ready to answer a pile of emails! I got 9 personal messeges in 1 hour. Not bad for $6. Oh, and 2 of those guys bought 2 tools each!

Mike Henderson
11-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Yep, list them here first. We all want first crack at the tools.

Mike

Jim Becker
11-10-2008, 7:33 AM
Derick, become a contributor to SMC (a whole six bucks...) and list your stuff here in the SMC Free Classifieds. Folks to move stuff pretty well here and the community is large and targeted. What doesn't sell that way....Craig's List is the way to go, IMHO.

Derek Arita
11-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Jim, thanks for the response. I just tried that for 2 of my machines. No bites yet, but I appreciate the advice.

Jason Beam
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
We have a local woodworking club that may be interested as well. :)

I saw your classifieds - i just don't need those two tools, myself :D

AL Ursich
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Derick, become a contributor to SMC (a whole six bucks...) and list your stuff here in the SMC Free Classifieds. Folks to move stuff pretty well here and the community is large and targeted. What doesn't sell that way....Craig's List is the way to go, IMHO.

I got this really GREAT Thickness Sander on this forum Classified.... LOVE IT !!!

Thanks Jim !!!!

AL:rolleyes: