PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell 6" Jointer

Jim Summers
11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Hello All,

I was handed down a Rockwell 6" jointer. Can't find a model number on it. It does have a catalog number 37-600. It turns on and spins without any 'bad' noises. So I think it will work fine.

I was wondering if anyone may have a source for the manual? I checked OWWM website but could not find anything.

It has Rockwell/Delta as the manufacturer. Would Delta possibly have the manuals?

TIA,
jim

Matt Meiser
11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
They might, but I'm surprised you didn't find a manual on OWWM.com. Did you only look under Rockwell? You might try looking through the Delta manuals for 6" jointers. Most Rockwell-only branded stuff still gets put under the Delta category. Even if you don't find an exact match on model number, if it looks the same, it probably still works.

Most Delta/Rockwell tools have a tag that is attached to the machine with drive screws. If it is there, but painted over, you can probably remove it and soak it in boiling water to get the paint off and make it readable again, and probably save the original silk-screening.

Luciano Burtini
11-10-2008, 12:07 AM
37-600 is your model number. Rockwell wasn't especially creative with these numbers. Not sure if this is allowed or not
http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/pubdetail.aspx?id=879