PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly and Jet parts interchangeable?

Sean Kinn
11-09-2008, 10:17 AM
So I need a replacement trunnion support bracket for my g0555x (see previous post approx 1 month old about my BS getting tipped over) and Of course it is on backorder. Grizzly just keeps telling me 4-6 weeks every time I call to check on my order. This is really putting a damper on my holiday projects, so I decided to try to JB weld the part back together as a possible temporary solution. I figured it may just be strong enough to hold, as long as I'm very light with the table and don't plop any large 8/4 pieces up there.

While prepping the bracket for the jbweld, I noticed that the Jet part number (completely different than the Grizzly part #) is stamped into the bottom of the bracket. So, I'm wondering if I could get a replacement part quicker from Jet. Does anyone know for certain if the parts are indeed identical? It sure looks like it is, but I'd hate to pay shipping and all only to find out they are not.

Jim Becker
11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
How do you know it's a Jet part number? Does it say "Jet"?? If so, contact WMH and see if that number is valid and for a part that looks like what you want...

Sean Kinn
11-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I was looking at a Jet manual w/ a parts breakdown for a 14" BS that looks almost like an identical twin to the Grizzly. It shows the Jet trunnion bracket as having the part # that is stamped into the bottom of my Grizzly bracket. I'm going to call Jet tomorrow, but I didn't think the CS rep would have a cross reference to another manufacturers machines. Maybe they do. I guess I'm just being lazy on a Sunday and wondered if anyone knew for sure, or had a prior experience with this.

Matt Meiser
11-09-2008, 10:54 AM
They most likely won't have a cross reference, but go here and type in the part number you have and see if it is a trunion.

http://woodworking.jettools.com/Parts.aspx

scott spencer
11-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Every machine and every part has a good chance of being an exception, but the base machine of many of the Asian bandsaws are pretty similar. I know the riser blocks are fairly interchangeable from brand to brand, you just might find a trunnion from a Jet, GI, HF, or even Ridgid that might work.