PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas

Philip Florio
11-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi,
I need suggestions for gift items.

I'm a novice woodworker. Last year I started to make gifts for my nieces & nephews, parents and siblings for Christmas and their birthdays.

These gifts include pens & pencils, baseball bat pens, perfume bottles and atomizers, vases, bowls, envelope opener, wine bottle stoppers, pie knife, tambour clock, jewelry box and desk items. The desk items include pen, paper clip, note and business card holders.

Right now for Christmas I'm running out of ideas. Not so much for the girls since I can swap around what I gave them last year. The boys however are an issue, their ages are from 7 to 24. I've tried yo-yo's and spinning tops for the younger ones but my turning skills aren't too good for that yet.

So I'm looking for suggestions, keep in mind I'm a novice plus I need something that won't be too time consuming. I have 10 nieces and nephews.

Thanks,
Phil

Dewey Torres
11-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Xmas tree ornaments are easy to do on the scroll saw and you can give them ahead of time, include inset family pictures, ... there are lots of options.

Also, this time of year you can search the different woodworking magazine sites and woodworking forums and find quite a bit.

In addition, I am sure you will get more help in this thread!