PDA

View Full Version : Non-Festool attachments for Festool vac?

Darl Bundren
11-08-2008, 7:42 PM
I want to get a crevice tool and one of those brush tool deals for my Festool vac (CT-22, I think), but I do not want to spend as much as Festool vendors are asking for their wares. Will other brand attachments work on Festool hoses? If so, which ones? :confused:

Matt Meiser
11-08-2008, 7:49 PM
I bought a really nice Rigid hose at the orange box which has the standard 2-1/4" ends and is similar in construction to a Festool hose. They fit the vac and standard shop-vac accessories.

Darl Bundren
11-08-2008, 7:51 PM
I bought a really nice Rigid hose at the orange box which has the standard 2-1/4" ends and is similar in construction to a Festool hose. They fit the vac and standard shop-vac accessories.

I am very fond of the slinkiness and antistaticness of the Festool hose, though...do you think the Shop-Vac accessories would fit?

Matt Meiser
11-08-2008, 9:05 PM
This hose has the same slinkiness properties. The only "problem" is that it is orange. Someone who has the bigger Festool hose will have to answer the question on the accessories, but they definitely won't fit the smaller hose. There is a smaller size of accessories, but I don't think they'd work well in my shop because I think shavings would clog them too easily so I've never tried.

Jim Becker
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I use the tools from the Ridgid vac I put in the trash awhile back. I use the same orange hose that Matt mentions...the price was right. Of course, it is very hard to lose, too...being orange and all that!

Wade Lippman
11-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Fein accessories are the same size and half the price.
It apparently is a European standard.

Brad Shipton
11-09-2008, 2:36 PM
Whoa, I'd be careful. Festool may send someone to take the tool back. Ahh, dont we love european tools and metric. Sells lots of duct tape for some.