PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 1023SLX and mobile base questions

Tony Gorgone
11-08-2008, 1:21 PM
couple of questions for you guys concerning installing the 1023slx onto a mobile base with extension kit:

-I installed the rotating wheels on both ends (left side of saw and extension) and the fixed wheels on the right side of the saw. Has anyone ever ordered two additional rotating wheels for easier mobility?

-Has anyone constructed a cabinet or shelving unit under the extension table? If so, can you please post pics of what you did and how you did it?

I'm trying to finish assembling the saw this weekend, not sure who wrote the manual, but I can't see completing the assembly in 1 hour!! So, any advice is always appreicated.

Thanks,
Tony

Matt Sollars
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Digging up an OLD thread, but i'm going to be picking up the same saw in a few weeks.
I'd love to have some insight on the exact stuff you're asking.
Is the base and extension worth it? Did you end up making the shelves....all of that stuff..

Thanks

Matt

Wayne Sparkman
10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
If my experience with the Shopfox mobile base under the G0513x2 bandsaw is applicable/translates over to your situation, I had some real frustration with that mobile base (don't remember the model number on it).

Working in half of a garage, mobility is essential, so two fixed wheels just wouldn't work. My call to Grizzly didn't yield any ability on their part to sell me two swivel wheels that would match. Maybe it was just who I talked with that day. Couldn't say.

It's amazing, but I searched all the BORGs and mini-Borgs (ACE, etc.), even the local casters only specialty store, and nothing matched the mounting plate or overall height of those wheels that came with the Shopfox mobile base. In the end, I bought two wheels that came close and still had to redrill, shim and do other reconfiguration to get the whole thing to where it was passable. Still not perfectly happy, but it'll do for now. Four locking casters are what should be sold with that base.