PDA

View Full Version : one quick question ?

larry merlau
05-28-2004, 9:53 AM
while my mind is still no clouded from work, will 1.25 of shaft on a tablesaw be enough for the frued dial-a-dado? have old craftsman. a funny guy from wisconsin was gonna measure his and get back to me but he got sidetracked i think or maybe he floated of track as we have bothhad way to much rain latly :rolleyes: thanks again really enjoy all the help and info. had withdrawls for 3 days while the puter was down :eek:

Byron Trantham
05-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Larry I had a Craftsman contractor's saw for quite a while and I use the Forrest Dato King. The shaft was long enough for all the blades, but no room for the Belleville washer if all the blades were needed. That said, I never had an occasion to stack all the blades, so it wasn't a problem. I doubt that you will have problems with the Freud. :confused:

larry merlau
05-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Larry I had a Craftsman contractor's saw for quite a while and I use the Forrest Dato King. The shaft was long enough for all the blades, but no room for the Belleville washer if all the blades were needed. That said, I never had an occasion to stack all the blades, so it wasn't a problem. I doubt that you will have problems with the Freud. :confused:
in reguards to your dado king, the frued dial a width i think might be thicker. i know it was mentioned earlier in a shopnotes mag that some craftsman saws wouldnt accept it.

Byron Trantham
05-28-2004, 10:59 AM
OPs! :eek: You're right! It's a fixed width, at the arbor, blade. I may not fit. :mad: