PDA

View Full Version : warning:increased bear attacks in Canada

Duff Bement
11-07-2008, 3:37 PM
Warning:
Due to the frequency of human – bear encounters, The British Columbia Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fisherman and any person that use the out-of doors- in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.

We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by you so you don’t take them by surprise.

It is also advised that anyone using the out-of-doors to carry “Pepper Spray” in the unfortunate encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsman should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and also be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces are smaller and contain lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has bells in it and smells like pepper.

Brent Smith
11-07-2008, 3:58 PM
That's good Duff.......I had the perfect response forming in my mind till you stole it in your last sentence LOL.

Rod Sheridan
11-07-2008, 4:44 PM
Pretty funny Duff, the last one I heard was in Kenya and covered lion and hyena feces......Rod.

Greg Peterson
11-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Way ahead of you on the bear threat. Colbert Report regularly has bears at or near the top of the Threat Down list.

Bruce Page
11-08-2008, 1:49 PM
They have this hanging on the wall at the "man-camp" where I stay in Kodiak, AK.

Kodiak Bear tracks are not uncommon in the area. I have never seen one in the flesh and hope to keep it that way!