PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
11-07-2008, 8:22 AM
Friday November 7th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

What a week, weather wise, this has been. 60's and 70's since last weekend. Some rain yesterday and now later today SNOW! :eek::eek: It may coat the ground, but won't be of very much concern. They're saying maybe a half inch.

I've got to get the rest of the winter clothes out of storage in the basement and maybe if the weather is half decent think :rolleyes: about putting up the Christmas lights. No, I don't turn them on yet, but it's better putting them up during decent weather, rather than waiting for colder weather and snow on the ground.

Clean up the shop a bit, maybe, and possibly get some more of the cedar logs sawn up into usable boards. Catch the Nascar race from Phoenix Sunday and also some football. The Pack goes into the HHH dome in Minneapolis as I recall. That's always a good game.

So what're your plans for the weekend? Anyone still raking leaves? I just mulch mine with the mower usually. Hope everyone has a great weekend and of course please be SAFE.

Karl

Victor Stearns
11-07-2008, 9:09 AM
Greetings to the Creek,
Leaves and more leaves. Have already vacuumed them 3-times and will most likely need to do this twice more.
Maybe some shop time to work on the LOML desk. She has not asked but I think she is wondering if I just go to the shop to hide, (potientaly guilty).
Maybe some football game watching, but most likely some homeowork, yes the college kind of math!!!!! AH!!!!!
Have a Great Weekend.
Victor

Matt Meiser
11-07-2008, 9:14 AM
No leaf raking here. There's no point as all mine eventually blow away and all the neighbors' eventually blow into my yard. We still have a few trees in our neighborhood with some very RED leaves on them.

I'll be working on the dresser some more. By the end of the weekend I'd really like to have the carcase completed.

But we're having problems with our new wireless Internet which basically isn't usable as-is. One things the installer and I are going to try today is moving the antenna back behind my shop which might have a clearer view, at least electromagnetically, of the WISPs tower. If that works, I will probably be visiting another creeker's house to take down his TV antenna tower for him and then work on getting it installed out there. If the weather cooperates...

Brian Effinger
11-07-2008, 9:29 AM
I'll be raking and blowing the leaves around this afternoon. Fun fun fun!
I also need to mount the new (to me) Jet air filter unit to my basement/shop ceiling so I can keep the dust down. And then I'll get to unpack and test out my new Ridgid OSS :) I'll be trying it out on some MDF templates for the Rockler teady bear kid's rocker I'm making for my niece for Christmas. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1447&filter=Teddy%20Bear If I can get those finished up then I can finally begin the actual project.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2008, 9:52 AM
Turn......turn.......turn....to every season turn...turn ...turn....:D

Took today off....turn.....turn......turn......:D

This is a test: Guess what Ken is doing this weekend?

Answer: turn....turn....turn......

Wasn't that recorded in a song by the Byrds in the early '60s?

Jim Becker
11-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't rake leaves....I let Mother Nature blow them away. I do use an electric blower to clear off the patio and sidewalks, however.

Normal weekend here...horsie stuff consuming a good part of Saturday and puttering on Sunday. I do need to make some backing frames for some fabric artwork that needs hung, so hopefully, I can get that task moving.

Guy Germaine
11-07-2008, 4:14 PM
Leaves???
Lake to the West, neighbors to the East. All the wind at my house blows out of the West. Couple more days and all the leaves should be the neighbor's problem. :D

Other than that, Saturday will be spent playing with an 8 week old litter of Newoundland puppies, :D and Sunday is Newfoundland Dog Day at the Dog Museum in St. Louis. A bunch of us take the dogs over there to meet the public, and answer questions regarding the Newfoundland breed.

Paul Steiner
11-07-2008, 5:45 PM
This weekend I am taking a break from my 2 projects, built in bookcase and a screened in porch. My wife and I are taking a day trip to NYC with her work. Any recommendations for spending 11am to 7pm in NYC, we are being dropped at Penn station.

Gary Lange
11-07-2008, 6:04 PM
I am taking the wife out Saturday night for our 39th Wedding Anniversary. Now Sunday I plan to do a few shores early and then move some ladders from the shop into the garage.

Jim O'Dell
11-07-2008, 8:03 PM
More "Pink Room" remodeling for me. I've got to get the floor prepped for tile. I'm fighting the paint over spray that is there from when the house was built. I finally found that a 24 grit flat flap type sanding disc on the angle grinder does a pretty good job. The 60 grit didn't do much, at least not very fast. It creates a bunch of foul smelling dust, so I've got to get the dust mask from the shop. I have a fan set up in the window to exhaust as much as possible, and I'll have to cover the door to the rest of the house and turn the fan on the house system to allow air to move out.
I have one small wall, and a portion of another wall of the venetian plaster to burnish. Will work on that some this evening. Then start laying out tile to get the starting point I want so that everything later on will work right. :rolleyes:
Leaves. Anyone want some leaves??? I've got pecan, oak, and cedar elm. Maybe a few peach, but it's a very small tree. :D They just started falling in earnest this week. LOML can sweep the porch off, and the next day it is covered again. I might try mulching with the riding mower some. It is a real pain to try to pick up. But I won't let it build up on the driveway again and flood my shop like it did 2 years ago. Not going there again!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Jim.