PDA

View Full Version : Smokin Guitar

David Dustin
11-06-2008, 7:43 PM
Number 1 son (we have four) decided it would be cool to engrave the back of his guitar.

The you tube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pQnhB5Jink

I faded the sections together to speed it up.

David

Dee Gallo
11-06-2008, 8:37 PM
Does that affect the resonance of the body? Or is it an electric? I love the look of the wings, looks like you've got a 2nd gen. laserhead there!

cheers, dee

Gabe Gat
11-06-2008, 9:58 PM
Dave,
What settings are you burning that at? Looks fantastic! Did you run a fist past? It appears in the video that there's already the wings on the guitar first, then the stark white line... hope that makes sense.
Have you had any issue with bubbling, flare ups etc due to the varnish? Does you system run an air assist?
Thanks for posting, thanks in advance for answering all my questions.

Steve Clarkson
11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Awwww.....we don't get to see the finished product........

How long did the whole thing take to do?

David Dustin
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Dave,
What settings are you burning that at? Looks fantastic! Did you run a fist past? It appears in the video that there's already the wings on the guitar first, then the stark white line... hope that makes sense.
Have you had any issue with bubbling, flare ups etc due to the varnish? Does you system run an air assist?
Thanks for posting, thanks in advance for answering all my questions.

The white is burning the laquer coating off (partially), He had already made an earlier pass very lightly.
The pass you are seeing in the video is at 85% power 100% speed I think.
My no-son-good-in-law (that's a joke, he's a really good guy) was running the power.

The reason we didn't show the end result is he tried to run it again and stopped halfway through the burn cause it was going too deep.

He ended up putting gold rub-n-buff in it.

It didnt really affect the sound of the guitar at all.

David