PDA

View Full Version : Router collars?

Kent E. Matthew
11-06-2008, 2:59 PM
Do these collars used with dovetail jigs come with the jig? I just looked inside the case of the Porter Cable router that I have been using and did not find the collar. How do they attach? Where can I purchase one?

travis howe
11-06-2008, 3:17 PM
What comes w/ the pc systems depends on which system you purchased but I do believe they all come w/ the collers for the basic two cuts anyway. Porter Cable has service centers across the nation and they can ship them real quick, I live near Denver and I know there is one here but not sure where else they are located.

I had to get replacements and found them in a set at my local woodcraft. If you have the manual, it should say the size needed. You'll need them and the thread piece to attach it to your router base. They are around $11 each from what I've seen.

They attach by placing it into a pc router base and then on the inside, it screws a big nut type of holder.

will sands
11-06-2008, 6:26 PM
If you have a Porter Cable 4210 or 4212 it should have come with the cutters and collars required with the jigs. The Omnijig comes with the basic cutters and collars, other cutters and collars are accessories. Most Porter cable routers come with a 1/2 and 1/4" collets but don't include cutters or collars. After market collars are available at Woodcraft and other suppliers.

Bill