PDA

View Full Version : A Little Brain Gas

Tyler Howell
05-27-2004, 9:54 PM
A Little Brain Gas

Ladies and Gents, I had a little excess pressure between the ears, and I could not contain myself any longer. Everybody duck here goes.
I'm a little jealous of these WW, BBQ, Five Barn, Turnfest, Spin Doctor, Flatlander, Neander, Cut my finger, gatherings' I read about in SMC. :cool: Just wondering if the Minneapolis, St Paul and surrounding area Creekers would be interested in a get together??
I've talked to a party planner and a couple WW equipment resellers about donated space. There have been no "drop dead Tyler" replies to date.

I'm just testing the water. I'm sure there's a lot to know and I'll be checking with some of these other established groups for help.
Maybe we will see you in the Frozen North. Please PM me or post your ideas here.
The rest of you SMC folks come-on up and join us.

Greg Heppeard
05-27-2004, 10:01 PM
If I didn't live so blasted far away...I'd be there.

Jim Baker
05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
For those who would like to go but SWMBO has reservations or objections, just mention that Mall of America is in Minneapolis. That should sway her opinion.

Tyler Howell
05-27-2004, 10:14 PM
For those who would like to go but SWMBO has reservations or objections, just mention that Mall of America is in Minneapolis. That should sway her opinion.Did I forget to mention that. Oh darn!:rolleyes: Thanks Jim, anything to bring em in.;)

Bruce Page
05-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Tyler, you need to add category: E. I’d be there if I didn’t live so darned far away. :mad:

John Miliunas
05-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey doooood....Yeah, sounds like a blast, but would they even allow a Cheesehead in that part of the Country?! :eek: I have to think of my family's safety, you know! :D AND, it would HAVE to be before football season starts, for sure! :D

As an aside to your tentative plans, I too have spoken to SWMBO and we had kind of figured to possible host a WW get-together, but probably not until next year. Just WAY too much still needs to be done on the property at a very basic level, yet!

Either way, I think it would be a real hoot! :cool:

Mark Singer
05-27-2004, 10:41 PM
If we could agree on a cenral location convient to both of us...like Riverside, Ca.

Dennis Peacock
05-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Well Tyler....you aint' gotta category for....I would be there but it's just too far away from ME. :mad:

Just remember....

<B>The Central States BBQ <I>is coming up in the next few months!</I></B> :eek: :D

Kurt Aebi
05-28-2004, 7:32 AM
Ty,

Bruce is right, you definitely need the catagory "I Live Too Darned Far Away to Attend"

I'd love to mett you sometime, you are such a riot, ya just gotta be fun to be around. That said, if youare ever around the Vermont area, look me up!

Dick Parr
05-28-2004, 7:43 AM
I will have to go along with the majority for that other selection to be added so that I can vote at least. You’re a little farther away then my backside could stand for a drive. :eek: I have the time now for a long drive, just not the back and the joints for one anymore. :( But I bet it will be great if you do have one.

Tyler Howell
05-28-2004, 8:11 AM
Guys & Gals.

Careful! now. I'm delivering a new Med school student out East next fall sometime. I may be taking you up on these invites. Love to road trip, and do some shopping with shoppers.:cool:

Ted Shrader
05-28-2004, 8:57 AM
Tyler -

Sounds like a blast. But, like the some of the others said, "Way too far to drive."

When/where are you coming east to drop off a med student?

Ted

Jim Becker
05-28-2004, 10:01 AM
If I didn't live so blasted far away...I'd be there.Tyler, Ditto to what Greg said. But I'll be at Five Ponds and that's really close to where you "baby" will be living for the next chunk of a decade!

Aaron Koehl
05-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Tyler,

I think it would be a blast to meet the mid-US crowd, and I'd love a good road trip. However, I just mapquest-ed it from my house:

<TABLE cellSpacing=12 cellPadding=0 width=535 bgColor=#f7f7ea border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=narrative>Total Est. Time: 19 hours, 44 minutes</TD><TD class=narrative align=right>Total Est. Distance: 1266.82 miles</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
That's a bit far. What part of the East are you coming to? :D I'm 30 minutes from about as far east as you can get in VA (without getting wet and sandy).

Bruce Page
05-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Aaron,

You are closer than I am - :(

Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 36 minutes

Total Distance: 1,324 miles

Dave Anderson NH
05-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Since you'll be dropping off your daughter at old Tiny TU, maybe we can get together. I'm an hour and a quarter north of Boston and if you pick the right weekend we might even be able to get some other folks together.

Kurt Aebi
05-28-2004, 1:21 PM
Bruce,

From these figures, one would think that Tyler was half way between you and me! :rolleyes:

For me it would be:

Total Est. Time: 20 hours, 50 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1319.82 miles

Dave has a good idea, I am less than 2 Hours from him and basically drive right past when I go up to Kittery & York Maine on day trips!

Wolf Kiessling
05-28-2004, 7:50 PM
Steve J's bbq, in Dallas, is about as far as I care to go. If I could combine a trip like that with some other reason, such as the Intl Woodcarvers Congress show in Davenport, Ia, that would usually be a justification. That's how I justify my trip to the Cincinnati Woodcarvers Show every August.

Tony Falotico
05-28-2004, 8:23 PM
Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1419.42 miles
Beer would have to be awfully darned good to make that trip, but if the beer WAS that good, I'd never find my way home again!

Sorry Tyler, way to far.

Rob Littleton
05-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Total Est. Time: 26 hours, 30 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1746.66 miles

and I dont drink so I aint going for the beer :-)

Sorry bud

David Wilson
05-29-2004, 12:45 PM
I am about three hours from mpls so I would be interested

Waymon Campbell
05-30-2004, 8:38 AM
Tyler - I'd love to go, but the distance, man the distance. When is someone going to get around to inventing that Star Trek transporter thing-a-mabob!!!

Ken Salisbury
05-30-2004, 8:52 AM
I would love to be able to come and meet all the folks - However, I have a major problem in that I let my passport expire and that trip would be considered "an out-of-country excursion" (North of the Mason-Dixon line). That trip would require a valid passport. :D :D :D . Besides 993.4 miles is a little far for an "Old" Rebel.

Jim Baker
05-31-2004, 7:47 AM
:D ;) :p :eek: Well, Tyler, it's nearly unanimous. You need to move.

Tyler Howell
05-31-2004, 8:46 AM
:D ;) :p :eek: Well, Tyler, it's nearly unanimous. You need to move.Jim,
LOL.

Couple updates: The lovely and talented first born, has selected Temple U. Med. in PA. as her next adventure in hire learning (this week:rolleyes: ). The plan is to transport some of here things in August. Haven't been able to pin her down as to time and date.

Thanks for all your support although a major consideration is, I don't think I've heard from too many Minnesotans, Yah Sure You Betcha! It's true what Garrison Keillor says about us that "we are shy persons". I'll be sure to include some Powder Milk biscuits on the menu if and when this comes together.
It's a holiday and everyone goes to The lake (more than 10, 000 of them) or Up North every chance they get. We'll let this run a little while and see what happens.

Maybe they know the real me and are wise to stay away.:o

Happy Holiday, and thank you to those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.;)

Chad Pater
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Little over 3 hours for me...count me in.
chad