PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Router base for new digital craftsman router?

travis howe
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey all... The only router I currently have w/ a 1/2in collect is the new digital craftsman plunge router. I purchased the portercable dovetail jig but am having some challenge finding a base for my craftsman that will fit the pc guides.

I stopped in woodcraft today, they were out of the universal that they had but I'm not sure it fits the pc guides. I picked up the 4 hole 7in pc base hoping there might be a chance they would line up but no luck.

I was so excited to cut my first dovetails on this machine...hope I'm not disapointed! Someday one of those fancy Leigh's!

Thanks!

Curt Harms
11-06-2008, 2:00 AM
Hi Travis

One option would be to make your own sub base if you have a drill press and forstner bits. A second option would be to see if Pat Warner (http://patwarner.com/) is offering sub bases for your router yet. I havent had experience with Pat's bases but those that have them speak highly of his stuff.

HTH

Curt

Leo Zick
11-06-2008, 9:03 AM
why do you need a different base than the oem one for a dovetail jig? does it lock into the jig or something? (ive never used, and have the same router)

re: a base, i bought a rockler blank and drilled it for use in my table.

travis howe
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks all. I've discovered that craftsman sells a set of bases that include the appropriate diameter for the portercable router guides.

The reason the stock base doesn't work is that it does not contain the appropriate internal diameter to screw in the router guides for the pc jigs.

Travis