PDA

View Full Version : I need a horse head outline

Tracey Bakewell
11-05-2008, 6:58 PM
Does anybody have any vector art of a horse head? I need to make name tags and instead of doing them on a rectangle or oval, they'd like something fancy like a horse head.

Thanks!
Tracey

sergio laser
11-05-2008, 7:56 PM
Does anybody have any vector art of a horse head? I need to make name tags and instead of doing them on a rectangle or oval, they'd like something fancy like a horse head.

Thanks!
Tracey

here is a vector of a horse, you can edit it to just keep the head.

Good Luck

Sergio Arze

Bill Parker
11-05-2008, 8:06 PM
Here is a few I have.

sergio laser
11-05-2008, 8:12 PM
sorry forgot to attach the files.

Tracey Bakewell
11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the posts! This was more what I was looking for, so thought I'd share it here. So, now what I can't figure out is how to draw the the horse a second time by shrinking it a little bit. I wanted to have the red line be the vector cut, however, a small line to trace around the inside of the vector line just slightly offset from the edges, but everytime I try to shrink it proportionately, it just doesn't work. Do I need to re-draw the image? Am I making any sense?

Bob Cole
11-06-2008, 1:56 AM
Best way to do that is with the Contour function (Effects/Contour). You can choose the offset and whether to put the line inside or outside. You can also break apart (separate) the contour line(s). In the object manager, right click on the object and select "Break Contour Group Apart".

Brian Robison
11-06-2008, 8:05 AM
Tracey,
I can't see your drawing because I'm in V12 but I'm going to assume something.
There was a tip on here a while back about using a 4 pt. line directly on top of your cut line. This will give you an edge that looks like it's been beveled. Works great!

Max Green
11-06-2008, 9:52 AM
Best way to do that is with the Contour function (Effects/Contour). You can choose the offset and whether to put the line inside or outside. You can also break apart (separate) the contour line(s). In the object manager, right click on the object and select "Break Contour Group Apart".
I dont want to steal the post but I have to thank Bob, thank you :)

I have been trying to get this to work and could not figure it out, its been driving me nuts.

Tracey Bakewell
11-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow! Thanks you guys! I got an even better image than I was expecting from the last 2 posts, you guys are awesome!!!

Thanks!
Tracey