PDA

View Full Version : Universal Laser Systems

Carlos Eduardo
11-05-2008, 5:29 PM
Sorry my English, I'm using Google translator.

I need to contact the Technical Support from Universal Laser Systems, but when filling out the request form and click the submit button and it does not work. It was a long time that is well.

Does anyone know why this is happening or perhaps you know a direct link to the Technical Support.

Thanks

Mike Mackenzie
11-05-2008, 5:35 PM
Carlos,

I can help you if needed otherwise you can send e-mail to support@ulsinc.com or call them at 480-609-0297

Eric Seest
11-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Mike I see you sale and service ULS. I have a PLS 6.60 and the other day while running several tags at a time; using up almost the full 32" the laser made a popping noise and it started lasering the project 2" to the left of where it was supposed to be. When this happened all the tags I was working on got ruined. I opened the door to stop the laser trying to save what I could and the head returned to the home position but was to the left 2" stopping at 30" instead of 32" like it should. Any ideas what would cause this to happen? I have not been able to contact ULS service yet, not had the time yet. Just thought I would ask and see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks

Mike Mackenzie
11-06-2008, 1:00 PM
Eric,

What version of software are you using?

Eric Seest
11-06-2008, 6:07 PM
Version 2.19.39

Mike Mackenzie
11-06-2008, 7:19 PM
Eric,

When you turn off the system and turn it back on does the head go back to home position? Did this only happen once or is it happening every time?

That version of software is a good version.

Eric Seest
11-06-2008, 8:00 PM
Mike,
It only happened once, but I have had a lot of problems with my systems since I received it six months ago and am a little gun shy. Don't get me wrong it is a good system and the service department has helped a lot but it has just done a lot of strange things that they can't even explain. I talked with tech support today and they told me if I had more problems then to switch back to 2.19.30. What are you thoughts?

Zvi Grinberg
11-07-2008, 3:04 AM
Carlos
For the chance you are in Europe, I suggest you contact support@uls.at or call +0043-1-4022250

Rony Nemi
11-10-2008, 7:54 AM
the laser made a popping noise and it started lasering the project 2" to the left of where it was supposed to be. When this happened all the tags I was working on got ruined. I opened the door to stop the laser trying to save what I could and the head returned to the home position but was to the left 2" stopping at 30" instead of 32" like it should. Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

Hi Eric,

I bought in July a PLS3.60, the machine experienced several strange behaviors (I had a Versa and did an "upgrade") that my old Versa have never got.
The same happens to me once I was engraving a very big and unique piece of leather (imagine the stress!) with a heavy engraving work. I change the drivers several times trying with different versions and the only solution was to change my PC, once I try with more modern PC the file works (I begin with a Sempron 2500+ with 1.5G RAM and after that I tested with a Core Duo and 2G RAM). Maybe if you can try the same file with other PC you could check that.

I hope this helps!

Regards!

Rony

Andrey Anfimov
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
USE ONLY SHORT HIGHT QUALITY USB CABLE.

When I made work on the big material the Versa Laser made terrible sounds and drawing have been made with distortions. Vertical lines have been strongly broken. I changed the driver, but it has not helped to solve a problem. Then I have replaced cable USB with shorter (90 cm) and the problem has disappeared. Also do not put cable USB near to sources of strong magnetic radiation. For example near a laptop power unit.