PDA

View Full Version : FUN IDEAS part 2

Jackie McGowan
11-05-2008, 3:58 PM
Ok this one is just a lasercut pendant but with a spot to add the oval cabachon

Belinda Barfield
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I really like this one Jackie. Very interesting design. Do you wire wrap as well? I assume you do based on the inset in the black acrylic bracelet in your other thread.

Todd Schwartz
11-06-2008, 3:05 PM
Jackie - cut this out! If my wife sees your last two posts I will be out business or maybe into the jewelery business. :)

Actually, great ideas, I have been encouraged to play with earring designs and my daughter is bugging me for an earring holder. Guess that is what midnight to 7 am is for.

Thanks for sharing, it is amazing to see people's creativity.

Todd

Frank Corker
11-06-2008, 3:20 PM
Yet another! Beautiful. I know my wife would have me trying to copy you.

Jackie McGowan
11-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments, and it really is easier than it looks to bend the bracelets you should try it.

Belinda,
I have tried some wire wrapping but didn't stick with it. It was fun but a little too tedious for me. The piece I put into the cuff came from michaels.

Colleen Williams
11-08-2008, 5:56 PM
Jackie,

That pendant is beautiful. What material did you use for it?

Colleen Williams

Jackie McGowan
11-08-2008, 7:44 PM
Colleen,
Hi I used 1/8" wood. I actually forgot what kind, it was a scrap piece I had laying around (I think it was balsa ply). I'll have to do some in mahogany :)

Cary Fleming
11-10-2008, 5:07 PM
Thanks Jackie! You just gave me a great idea for a Christmas present. I've got some onyx that would look fabulous in tha setting like that. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

Tom Cullen
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Jackie,
great work , looks fantastic. I was wondering where did you get the vector Celtic designs? I have some myself but they are not vector format. is it hard to transform a bit map to vector for cutting those very intricate patterns?

Thanks
Tom

Jackie McGowan
11-12-2008, 2:42 PM
Hi Tom,
Thanks. I got the vector celic designs posted on this forum, but I modified them. They were vector. If I can find the post I'll put the link here.

To Modify them you'll need to go to arrange menu and break curve apart (in corel).

Jackie McGowan
11-12-2008, 2:49 PM
Here is one thread that I posted with some of the designs I got here on the creek that I had already converted for cut outs. These can be modified for jewelry.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=97601&d=1222490278