PDA

View Full Version : Central Machine Dust Collector/Used Delta Jointer

BOB OLINGER
11-05-2008, 11:16 AM
There is a new (in the box) Central Machine Dust Collector, 2 HP, 70 Gallon, SKU # 45378 for sale for $180 OBO plus a used 6" Delta Jointer for $200 on local Craigs List. Both are about 100 mile away but close to each other, so a combined purchase and drive would provide some justification. I'm familar with the Delta jointer, I'd consider it a so-so deal. But can anyone provide any info on the dust collector? I know there are volumes and volumes on this subject. Currently, I don't have one; have a basement shop; wouldn't this be a reasonable start? I would hook up table saw, radial arm saw, maybe router table, other. Thanks for feedback.

Marlin Williams
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
The Dust collector I could not find at HF so it may be the old version. The new 2hp version is going for $199 right now so the $180 for a older one, and probable without a warranty, is not a good deal IMO.

EDIT
Actually the 45378 is the one that have in the store, but not HF site. It is going on sale for $185 in a coupel weeks new. It only does 30 micron Filtration.

Bill Tims
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I bought a DS from them (don't remember the hp). It was advertised as a 110 volt, but I (foolishly) believed that I could rewire it to 220 like most motors. Nope, it was custom made for 110 only. This is important because I wanted a remote control setup to turn the noisey thing on and off. I ended up buying a 110 relay that will handle 35 amps which is the startup load. From what little use I make of it, the DS has worked fine, but you should be aware of the motor limitations.