PDA

View Full Version : Saw identification

Dustin Lane
11-04-2008, 7:28 PM
this might be an odd question but would someone out there be able to recognize the brand on this saw and maybe put a price on its head?
http://www.sharplessauctions.com/photogallery/11_05_08/DSC05828.JPG

Steve Rozmiarek
11-04-2008, 9:20 PM
Dustin, I don't know what it is, but there are some obvious issues that seriously hurt its value. First, where is the fence? Second, I doubt that light switch is rated for the amps needed, and third, it's ugly filthy. Fourth, as it needs parts, and ID is an issue, where are parts going to come from? As is, I'd guess maybe $50 as a serious project?

Brian Clevenger
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't walk, run from that saw.

Vince Shriver
11-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Price? I'd say somewhere between a six-pack of beer and a 10-dollar bill, depending upon size and weight. At least that's the going rate I use for the trash guy to go above and beyond his normal pick-up.

Chuck Tringo
11-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree with Steve, $50 for the cast Iron to make a router table out of maybe, and an extra wing or two for when you find a worthy saw to use.

Dustin Lane
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I know it looks in pretty bad shape, but its at an auction that traditionally has stuff for very cheap. Got a fairly nice old Craftsman contractors saw for $20 and Delta CMS for $35.

It might be worth less than the trouble to take it home, but I'll find out soon enough I suppose. Was just hoping to get a little more info on it before I arrived at the show.

Didn't notice that light switch the first time, thats some comedy right there.

Clint Winterhalter
11-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Dustin,
It looks like the Rockwell saw my dad bought in the mid 70's.
It looks pretty beat.. so get it cheap..

Good luck!
Clint

Rod Sheridan
11-05-2008, 8:55 AM
No fence, no guard, no splitter, and it's really beat up.

To quote the Pythons "Run Away! Run Away!"

regards, Rod.