PDA

View Full Version : Oneway Talon

Bill Mitchel
11-04-2008, 3:01 PM
What other chuck are compatible with the Oneway Talon chuck. Bought one for about 150 complete and should have bought 2 for that price. I'm tired (or just lazy) and want one (could be body only) for my jumbo jaws so I don't have to keep switching. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bill

Jim Becker
11-04-2008, 3:51 PM
As far as I know, the OneWay products do not share parts with other brands. I've never had an issue with switching jaws on mine...it only takes about a minute and a half, give or take, if you keep the tee-wrench handy and do it flat on a bench. I do believe that OneWay will sell you the body sans jaws for $167.99 (http://www.oneway.ca/chucks/talon.htm) US including the insert. Shipping is free.

Dave Bender
11-04-2008, 5:44 PM
Jim's right about the Talon. It's nice having two chucks. When I got my large lathe (Oneway 2436) I kept the Talon and bought a Stronghold. I typically use the Stronghold for larger things and the Talon for smaller stuff. Sometimes it's nice having two chucks around. If you go to the Oneway site they have a couple of Talon bodies listed in their bargin bin for $120.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-04-2008, 5:45 PM
I had the same delema.............................bought another to use with jumbo jaws.

Bruce

Leo Van Der Loo
11-04-2008, 7:50 PM
Bill go here, $120.-- for a Talon body, only 2 left, so don't dally, give them a call,

http://www.oneway.ca/for_sale/index.htm

Oops should have read Dave's post, still good advice ;-))

Jim Becker
11-04-2008, 9:05 PM
Leo, they don't mention the insert in the sale item, so that's going to add $25 plus shipping unless he buys something else to get the order over $150.

Leo Van Der Loo
11-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Jim "body only" do include the adaptor and key and allen key, that's standard at Oneway, shipping is whatever it cost, Good deal IMO

Jim Becker
11-05-2008, 7:47 AM
Jim "body only" do include the adaptor and key and allen key, that's standard at Oneway, shipping is whatever it cost, Good deal IMO

It's not clear that the used unit includes an adapter, but it's certainly true that the regularly priced one does. It would be an important question to ask since if it is not included, one would need to order it.

Bill Mitchel
11-05-2008, 9:25 AM
I'll give Oneway a call. If he adapter is included it's a pretty good deal, I'm sure my wife will feel the same - HAHA
Thanks guys
Bill

Vince Welch
11-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Bill,
Like you I decided to get an extra chuck so not to change out jaws so often. IMO it really is not laziness but working smarter not harder. I suppose it depends on how much turning you are doing and what your budget allows. I have one with #2 jaws for vessels, bowls, and large items. Then a second stronghold with #1 jaws for small items such as small boxes and bottle stoppers. Lately I have used the #1 for Christmas ornaments. I thought long and hard before I bought the second and having done so I would do it again in a second. Now you have permission...lolol Take care, Vince

john taliaferro
11-07-2008, 12:09 PM
got it at sears like 20.00 now i have three so i dont have to change bits. round round ha ha it does help ,my wrist get sore . john t