PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic sheeting

David Brasfield
11-04-2008, 1:27 PM
Hi, all.

I need to purchase some 20 or 30 mill magnetic sheets (roll or flat), preferably 36 inches wide, and without any adhesive or vinyl coating (plain). Can someone recommend a low cost provider?

Also, is the "paintable vinyl" coating that some manufacturers are adding to their material, PVC based?

Thanks much,
David

Dave Johnson29
11-04-2008, 1:39 PM
I need to purchase some 20 or 30 mill magnetic sheets (roll or flat), preferably 36 inches wide, and without any adhesive or vinyl coating (plain). Can someone recommend a low cost provider?

Hi David,

Try www.msc-direct.com and search on

flexible magnetic sheet

You may find what you want there.

Tim Bateson
11-04-2008, 2:42 PM
Bought mine from ebay

Joe Pelonio
11-04-2008, 5:54 PM
The magnetic sheeting used by signmakers is covered with vinyl film and that does contain PVC.

Generally anything called vinyl has some PVC in it.

David Brasfield
11-04-2008, 7:45 PM
Generally anything called vinyl has some PVC in it.

Ah, I see you are in Washington. Round these parts, anything plastic is called vinyl, 'cept tires, they are made of radials, and anything rubber is made from latex.... ;)

David

Bill Cunningham
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Ah, I see you are in Washington. Round these parts, anything plastic is called vinyl, 'cept tires, they are made of radials, and anything rubber is made from latex.... ;)

David

My God!!! Where do you live? :D

David Brasfield
11-05-2008, 12:39 AM
My God!!! Where do you live? :D

In Bama country of course. Where the men are men, the women are all beautiful, delicate belles, and the livestock are skittish. :D

David

Margaret Turco
11-05-2008, 1:01 PM
Around here, people seem to call every kind of rubber "Neoprene". I use these guys for magnets http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/zipsheet1.html