PDA

View Full Version : How many diff. projects ....

Joe Tonich
05-26-2004, 9:56 PM
do you have going on at one time?? :confused: At this moment in time I'm:

Still working on the kitchen cabs.
Making a box for SWMBO's music box (from Christmas :eek: )
Making a music stand for my son
Making a stool for a co-worker
Milling baseboards for the kitchen
Making trophies for my sons's (?) baseball coaches (and hopefully some to sell)

Thank goodness for a LOOONNNGGG weekend! (started TODAY!!! :D :D :D )

Be safe,

Joe

Fred LeBail
05-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Joe
As we say at work," a busy woodworker is a happy woodworker" !
good luck, Fred

Todd Burch
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Define "going on". If "going on" includes those projects for which I have purchased materials... too many to count.

Fred LeBail
05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Joe , as we speak I have ,
1) Daughter's cradle for my first grandchild ( Oak )
2) Computer desk for myself ( birch base cabinets and Oak desh tops)
3) Bases and tops for 6' columns (2) ( Pine)
4) Drying 4/4 birch in my kiln
5) Quoting on a Oak mantle tomorrow

So as I've said "a busy woodworker is a happy woodworker".
Fred

Dale Thompson
05-26-2004, 10:44 PM
You guys are obviously NOT from northern Wisconsin. I can't even control ONE project at a time. :o EGADS!! I spent the last two days just emptying my dust collector. :mad: Also, being the genius that I am, I finally decided to buy a filter for my shop vac. ;) That took another six hours. What am I missing here?? :confused:

Dale T.

Frank Pellow
05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
The following projects have all been started:
1) building a workshop
2) re-building the deck at my house
3) building a deck at my camp
4) building a play-yard, slide, sandbox, etc. at my camp
5) building a murphy bed at my camp
6) making pine chest for my granddaughter
7) making a toy box for my grandson
8) extending the electrical wiring in the basement and garage of my daughter's house
9) staining my daughter's deck
10) sanding then staining the climbing frame and swing set at my other daughter's house

There are at least as many other projects which I have told someone that I would do (someday soon).

Rob Russell
05-27-2004, 6:53 AM
Active projects:

Electronic version of a Dust collector switching layout for Frank Pellow :rolleyes:
Building a phase convertor
Assembling machinery
Cleaning out the workshop
Finishing the new master bedroom (still rough framed)
Complete outdoor lumber stacking/stickering area
Go saw the other 2000 bf of oak for the house and stack/sticker it
Clean out the shed to use a partial "air-dry"; lumber storage
Cleaning out the basement in my dad's cottage and waterproofing it
Rewiring and trimming out parts of the same cottage
All while working 60-70 hour weeks at work

Kurt Aebi
05-27-2004, 7:25 AM
At home, too many to count.

Next week, though, I have just 1 project. I will be visiting my dad in SW PA and will be building a corner caninet, for which I have already made the Raised Panel doors for. I am packing up most of my portable tools and equipment into the truck for th ejourney. My dad is a metalworker, but just has a table saw and a circular saw and very few woodworking tools, so I must transport whatever I think I will need. My father-in-law who shares tha shop with me was asking me if I was going to leave him anything to work woth while I was gone!

My home projects, I'll just list th eone's that I've started.

Oak End Table for the living room
Numerous scrollsaw projects, half of which remain to be cutout (saw was in the shop)
Cabinet drawers for a friend's lower kitchen cabinets
Mobile base for the jointer, half assembled.
Rebuild an entry doorway and install new screen door.

Man, I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

What a tiring thread, Joe! ;)

Oh yea, I forgot this part in the original thread.
My wife and I are planning a visit with a "Creeker" while in my homeland of SW-PA, Daniel Rabinovitz and his wife, should be real fun! Also going to take in a baseball game at PNC Park Sunday the 30th. Then my niece's graduation on Thursday.

Should prove to be a real relaxing week (Not!) especially with the fuel prices right now and both of our vehicles are V-8's - Oh well, I guess I'll just help out the economy!

Aaron Koehl
05-27-2004, 8:22 AM
LOL!!! What a riot!

Jim Becker
05-27-2004, 8:34 AM
It's just not right to only have one project going at a time. What do you do while the glue is curing? The finish? Oh, all right...there IS the "honey-doo" list...:D

Seriously, I always have multiple things going at one time. Usually at least one "flat" project in addition to turning and home improvement tasks. Some projects hang around, too, like my Nakashima Mira-style chairs. My left wrist and right elbow are still giving me problems and that's not condusive to the hand work I need to do to complete the seats. Life is that way sometimes...

Alan Turner
05-27-2004, 8:41 AM
Seems I may be the odd ball, but that is rather typical. I generally only have one piece of furniture under construciton at any one time. I work in a too small basement, and my bride will not even discuss moving. If I have more than one going, then there is no place to store it while I work on another. I have found that with only one going at a time, I actually get it done at a good pace.
All of this is not to say that I do not have more than one thing going on in my mind at a time. Which is why, I suspect, I am considering running for the office of president of the center for the easily confused.
Alan

Mark Bachler
05-27-2004, 8:46 AM
While my left hand is finishing up hooking up the dust collector duct work, my right hand is doing 3 glass showcases, 2 kitchen counter tops, a chimney surround, & vent boxes for our house. My right foot is getting all the cedar for the window trim on the addition ready, & my left foot is just waiting for the rain to stop long enough to stain & seal our log house. OOps here comes the logging truck with 12 cord of fire wood to cut up. I need a clone.

Mark Bachler
05-27-2004, 8:49 AM
You guys are obviously NOT from northern Wisconsin. I can't even control ONE project at a time. :o EGADS!! I spent the last two days just emptying my dust collector. :mad: Also, being the genius that I am, I finally decided to buy a filter for my shop vac. ;) That took another six hours. What am I missing here?? :confused:

Dale T.

Just think how long everything will take once the Packers start to play.

George Bledsoe
05-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Well lets see:
2 Penn Spice cabinets
1 coffee table
2 bedroom sets
5 shaker end tables
1 mission grandfathers clock
shop cabinets
2 walnut butternut hope chests
Oh yeah and these :D

Chris Padilla
05-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Cool shots, George...lottsa bf there, I see. I hope the cat leaves the log just in time! :)

Tim Sproul
05-27-2004, 11:38 AM
I can't count that high......

Dale Thompson
05-27-2004, 9:04 PM
Just think how long everything will take once the Packers start to play.

Hi Shell,
When the Packers start to play, I go into an even deeper hypnotic trance than normal. :confused: Right now I'm absorbed with trying to fit the filter to my Craftsman Shop Vac before the season starts. They said I needed the "red" one. However, since I'm color-blind, I bought the "cheapest" one. :eek: The thing didn't come with step-by-step instructions and I can't figure out if the pleats go to the outside or to the inside. :confused:

By the way, I've only been over to your area a couple of times but it is sure georgeous. Are you familiar with the word "Musky"? ;)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
05-27-2004, 9:31 PM
Well lets see:
2 Penn Spice cabinets
1 coffee table
2 bedroom sets
5 shaker end tables
1 mission grandfathers clock
shop cabinets
2 walnut butternut hope chests
Oh yeah and these :D

George,
Nice pics and impressive. If you think that you are going to get rid of the cat with a sawmill - think again. I've tried strategic nuclear weapons with no success. I lost my kittie of eighteen years ten days ago. Believe me, age and/or the lack of simple human emotions are the ONLY way to get rid of a cat. ;) You have a good looking mill and cat. :) :) Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Dale T.

Mark Rios
05-28-2004, 4:25 AM
I have seven and none of them are really getting done. :p :D