PDA

View Full Version : Is the automatic contributing thingy working yet?

Mark Rios
11-03-2008, 2:37 PM
I sent my donation in on the 30th or the 31st because I think that's about when I'm due. But I"m not really sure if I did it right or not. If I did and all is well then sorry for pestering.

Rick Moyer
11-03-2008, 7:29 PM
I was wondering about this too as I'm not sure when I contributed.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-03-2008, 7:33 PM
Send a PM to Jackie Outten and she can check for you.

Keith Outten
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Rick, your last donation was made on November 2, 2007. Your account has not expired yet because it has to be done manually under the old system. Aaron Koehl will mass move everyone who has expired into the new accounting system shortly, when this happens your account will expire automatically.

Mark, your last donation was completed on October 30th, 2008, you are in the new accounting system so that will be your annual date.

The automated system has hooks to PayPal and will update your account status if you are logged into The Creek, select the DONATE button on the menu bar and then select the PayPal link.

If you are not logged into The Creek and use PayPal your transaction won't be made automatically, you will need to send eith Jackie or myself a Private Message to let us know that you have donated and provide the transaction number so we can update your account manually.

Probably 80% of our Contributors will be expiring during the month of November so expect delays if we have to update your account manually. We have been trying for weeks now to get everyone moved into the new accounting system but we haven't been able to scratch the surface, it is just to difficult to match up usernames with donations in many cases. People who donated via their friends PayPal accounts, business names, etc are almost impossible to backtrack from last year.

You should each be able to search your PayPal account information to verify the date of your last donation. Please do us a favor and check your account then use the automated system this year if you can.

Thanks,
Keith

Don Abele
11-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Keith, I just sent Jackie a PM then came back and read your post. Please let her know I did as you said and just checked my PayPal account - I'm due tomorrow...so my updated payment will be forthcoming (as soon as I finish typing this).

BTW, I told Jackie, I'm back in Hampton roads again (3rd time my my 22 years). Last time I was here we met at the Woodcraft TaT in 2004. Hopefully get to meet again while I'm here.

Be well,

Doc

Keith Outten
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Doc,

It will be great to have you back in Hampton Roads and I will make a point to contact you to arrange a time when we can get together again.

Thanks,
Keith