PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Glass or Acrylic

Wesley Perreira
11-03-2008, 1:43 PM
Anyone know where to get these Glass or Acrylic type of plaques? I searched the internet and only came up with retail stores who sell it with an engraving option. I can't seem to find a supplier who sells these plain rectangle plaques w/stand in the US. There were some China manufacturers, but I don't want to deal with that whole thing. Don't have to have the wooden stands, can be of any type.

Thanks!

Angus Hines
11-03-2008, 2:02 PM
If they dont have to have the wood base try your local glass shop or acrylic supplier and get them cut for you.

Are you building your own base's?

Darren Null
11-03-2008, 2:25 PM
You have any glazing places near you? They all have cutting equipment and are often happy to cut up a sheet of glass into whatever size you like, if you pay them for the cuttage.

Mike Null
11-03-2008, 2:48 PM
Many plastics suppliers will cut the acrylics for you.

Wesley Perreira
11-03-2008, 4:19 PM
I don't have any glazing shops near me and the local glass shops do residential/auto. I called the glass guys and the price they quoted me was as much as the retail. I live on a small island where there's not much. I get most everything from manufacturers or suppliers I find through the internet or catalogs. Doesn't anyone sell these as a supplier in the US? As for the bases, I won't make my own. I just didn't want you to think it had to be wood bases. Bases can by made of anything.

I really appreciate it guys:)

Wesley Perreira
11-03-2008, 5:02 PM
Thanks guys, I found some at JDS.

David Takes
11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Wesley,

The wood and glass combination pieces used to be offered by Toujours, which is a supplier to the awards and engraving industry. I believe they are closing out these pieces. I'm not sure what they have left.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
11-04-2008, 1:52 PM
I have also seen some of these at www.topmost.com (http://www.topmost.com) . They have some in their atalog. They also have glass ornaments for anyone who is interested.