PDA

View Full Version : Jet parallel clamps + 25% ebay

chet jamio
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm trying to buy a bunch of Jet parallel clamps and would like to use the 25% discount from ebay. I'm trying to get someone to list the set I want with a Buy It Now option. So far, I'm not having any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for a retailer who will do this?

Dave Sweeney
11-03-2008, 1:41 PM
I just did a search on eBay for Jet Parallel Clamps and came up with quite a few Buy It Now listings for those clamps.

chet jamio
11-03-2008, 3:04 PM
There are some on ebay, but not all the sizes I want. I'm looking for a complete shop setup with sizes from 12" to 98". I would have to do ebay, amazon, and others to end up with the set I want. I'm hoping to get them as a package and roll that into a bulk discount in addition to the 25% off. I've emailed every retailer on ebay selling the clamps, but nobody has responded. This is a big purchase and I'm surprised nobody wants my money.

Anthony Whitesell
11-03-2008, 3:35 PM
If you are hoping to use eBay and the MS Cashback, I would go with multiple packages that each provide less than $200 cashback based on the MS Cashback percentage. (At 25% that would be $800). If you do one huge $1000 purchase, you'll lose money. (I'm assumming that you'll be getting 4 of each and they average ~$1 per inch you'd end up close to the $800 mark)

chet jamio
11-03-2008, 7:31 PM
I will separate this into as many it takes to keep each package below $800.

What I really need is some possible sources. I've emailed and called all the ebay vendors with no luck. Who else does Jet clamps and ebay?

chet jamio
11-05-2008, 2:49 PM
Ebay auction 270298034002. I got 4 each of 12", 24" 40", 60" and 98" for $702 after delivery and 25% cashback. I was looking at around $1100 from other sources.

With what I already have, this will put a test to the old saying about never having enough. Clamps are the only tool I use on every project and are a constant source of frustration. It's just so hard to spend money on them instead of a 8" jointer. If they made 220V 3hp clamps, it would be an easier purchase for the Tim Taylor in all of us.

The vendor was very helpful. If you want a specific package deal, I'm sure they're willing to help.

Anthony Anderson
11-05-2008, 8:00 PM
Which vendor did you use? Congrats on the clamps.

Geoff Potter
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
How did you get the discount? I have been able to do it once for 30% on a compressor but I have not been able to find another buy it now with the Microsoft cash back logo. Very frustrating!

Todd Hyman
11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
How did you get the discount? I have been able to do it once for 30% on a compressor but I have not been able to find another buy it now with the Microsoft cash back logo. Very frustrating!

On Live.com type in kreg and then click on the ebay link. The MS cashback symbol should be on the header and then search for "jet clamp".

chet jamio
11-06-2008, 7:41 AM
I got them from http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifbibbtoolandcutter. Go the ebay auction and click the "Ask seller a question" link if you want to contact them.

Every time I want to find the ebay discount, I searce for "grizzly jointer". When I was figuring this out the first time, I was making the mistake of searching from the cashback site (http://search.live.com/cashback) instead of the home site (http://www.live.com/).