PDA

View Full Version : Forcing the burn sequence?

Dave Johnson29
11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi people,

Yesterday I did some marking (text) on sunglasses and this was the first time I had to mark something on both lenses.

The laser rastered both lenses in each pass which wasted a lot of time traveling between the two lenses. Is there a way to force Corel to burn one Group then burn the next Group?

Thanks in advance.

Rob Bosworth
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Dave, you could lay out your graphics using two different colors. I don't remember how the old 1720's ran, but newer machines can be "forced" to engrave one color at a time. Layout thegraphics for one lens in black, and the second lens in blue (or red, yellow,......) Then in the print driver, just arrange the priorities of which color does what.

Darren Null
11-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Different colours, yes.

This thread is also well worth a read:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=79977

Dave Johnson29
11-03-2008, 10:54 AM
you could lay out your graphics using two different colors.

Thanks Rob and Darren, I will try that as the colors define speeds but if I keep them both at the same speed for the colors then that may well be the solution. I will report back.

You guys are great, nah, make that this forum is great. :)

Joe Pelonio
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately color mapping only works for vector cutting on my machine
but then I wouldn't think the distance between lenses wastes that much time since the head is going past the left and right limits of the image anyway. perhaps run one lens at a time, then both, and compare times to see just how much difference it makes.