PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Help

Rich Konopka
11-03-2008, 8:43 AM
I am looking for a new cell phone. My beloved Treo 650 died on me in June and I ended going with a Blackberry Curve. While I like the phone and its features, it is just too small for my hands and the keys are real difficult to use because of their size and closeness.

I am looking at a new Treo Pro. I am nervous because it uses Windows Mobile 6.1. I recall from looking at others phones with the MS mobile is that it requires effort of 2-3 clicks to dial a phone number.

I use the phone quite a bit with some texting. Email syncing is not as important.

Anyone have any advice on Windoze Mobile, a better phone for someone with fat thumbs?

Any suggestions on phones? iPhone is not an option.

Thanks
Rich

Andrew Derhammer
11-03-2008, 4:59 PM
I use a Q and i just use thumb tips mostly to type. I'm fine with windows mobile 6.

Bharat Badrinath
11-03-2008, 5:18 PM
I used to be a Treo user for the longest time. Have used all of the Treos before i move dto the Blackberry 8800 and then the 8820. Will hopefully get the bold tomorrow.
Sadly Windows mobile is not even close from an OS perspective. As you rightly point out it take smultiple clicks to do even simple tasks. Has used it on the Treo 750 at that time. Dont think it has changed much. I am staying away from it.

Agree that the keys ina Curve is pretty difficult. the 8800 series offers some relief in that manner and is closer to the Treo. Give that a try.

Scott Shepherd
11-03-2008, 6:16 PM
The new blackberry came out today, I think. I think it's called the "Bold". Search for that and see if you like that any better.

Bharat Badrinath
11-03-2008, 6:53 PM
Its coming out tomorrow. Waiting for it counting minutes here :)

Adam Cavaliere
11-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I really enjoy the HTC models that are pretty nice. They are windows based. The model I have is the XV6800 from Verizon. Other companies have different model names, but the manufacturer is always HTC. They make some great phones!