PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic shammy

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Been thinking of ordering some of those German Shammy cloths. (cleaning water and other stuff off my brand spanky new ultimate black granite is driving the notion)

There are sellers like Shammy Solutions (http://tinyurl.com/5wdzl4) as well as the TV resellers of the trade named item "WOW".

One thing that caught my eye was the "lint free" aspect to them. I'm thinking that this might make them good for wipe on finishes like the Poly-U, Mineral Spirits, & Japan dryer blend I've been experimenting with.

Any one using these things? What do you think of them in general?

Peter Stahl
11-02-2008, 8:27 PM
Not sure if the ones I have are the German Shammys, I got them at the Home show in Philly last year. I use one to wash my car via a bucket and the other for the rinse. These things seem to hold up really well.

Dewey Torres
11-02-2008, 9:02 PM
Man Cliff... you are always thinking. I am not to sure on this one but if it turns out that it works you have a great one for a "tips of the week" type magazine submission.

Angus Hines
11-02-2008, 9:40 PM
I bought some at a boat show last year and really WOW. Still using them washing them and Yes they are lint free-ish not sure if they are lint free enough for finishing though but might be worth a try.

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Glad of the personal experiences. It's only a lousy $20.00 but, I'd hate to give a scammer even one thin dime.

I think I shall order some. And of course there will be a "donation" to the shop.

Dewey Torres
11-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I think I shall order some. And of course there will be a "donation" to the shop.

Nicely put Cliff!