PDA

View Full Version : coffee maker damaging cabinets

ernie riley
11-02-2008, 9:31 AM
does anyone know of a product to be placed between your coffee maker and the upper cabinets in the kitchen to avoid damage to the wood from the hot steam of the coffee maker.

thanks,

ernie
:)

Myk Rian
11-02-2008, 9:34 AM
A small muffin fan.

ernie riley
11-02-2008, 9:49 AM
at first i thought you were pulling my chain....i honestly hadn't heard of a muffin fan, but they definitely exist and will work.

great!!! thanks for the info,

ernie
:)

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Pull coffee maker out from under cab' while in use?

David G Baker
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Use some silicone and glue some tile or glass under the cabinet. I have seen problems with the steam vents on dishwashers causing problems to cabinet finishes.

Ed Bamba
11-02-2008, 1:19 PM
Pull coffee maker out from under cab' while in use?

That's what I do.

John Gornall
11-02-2008, 3:10 PM
Coffee maker's position on counter resulted in steam damaging the side of a cabinet for about 18 inches from the bottom up. Refinished the cabinet side and now pull the coffe maker out from under the cabinet when brewing. Also found it making the counter hot and worried the laminate would let go so got a ceramic tile and glued small wood bars for feet underneath to put under coffee maker - no more problems.

Jim Becker
11-02-2008, 5:24 PM
Use some silicone and glue some tile or glass under the cabinet. I have seen problems with the steam vents on dishwashers causing problems to cabinet finishes.

Alternatively, some sheet metal could be used for the same. This is more of a moisture/steam issue rather than a heat issue, IMHO. I have learned to point the steam vent from our rice maker away from the cabinets for the same reason. (My espresso machine has been no issue for the cabinet above it, however. But it's a large semi-pro unit and any steaming during frothing of the milk is out from under the cabinet above, too)