PDA

View Full Version : I may not be able to turn for awhile

Andrew Derhammer
11-01-2008, 7:09 PM
Last year I was diagnosed with lyme disease. One of the symptoms I had was a horrible pain in my right elbow. I thought it got eradicated last year. Well i've had some pain since and I figured it was just deterioration still hanging around. Recently, it's gotten worse and worse with pain all day. I've been getting headaches almost daily and i'm naseaus alot. And now i've been getting chest pain some times lasting 30 minutes at a time. The mind is feeling cloudy and i'm more drowsy. I'm going to get checked out soon. I hope it hasn't relapsed but I have a feeling it has. Worst part is I just picked up my new nova 1624 tuesday night and i'm supposed to be doing a ca finish demo at the club meeting in 3 weeks. Life sux some times don't it?

Ken Fitzgerald
11-01-2008, 7:29 PM
Andrew,

Don't mess around going back to find out if your Lymes disease has reoccurred.

Yup.....sometimes it appears like life really stinks!

In the mean time, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Bernie Weishapl
11-01-2008, 8:15 PM
Andrew get it checked out as soon as you can. It is nothing to fool with.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Steve Schlumpf
11-01-2008, 9:08 PM
Andrew - sorry to hear that you may be going into a relapse! Be sure to get checked out and on meds ASAP! Will keep you in thoughts and prayers! Get better quick!

John Nowack
11-01-2008, 9:14 PM
I am sure you know all about it but it can go on for a long time----growing up on a farm in MO I actually have about 3 freainds that got it----it did take a while and it seems to come and go but they live pretty normal lives now----easy for me to say though when I am not the one feeling/dealing with the symtoms----I'll have my 4 year old add you to her bed time prayers

Jim Becker
11-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Yea, don't fool around with this...it can affect so many parts of your "system", including the heart. The lathe will wait for you...

Leo Van Der Loo
11-02-2008, 1:03 AM
Hope things will turn out for the better Andrew, and yes get it checked out and have it taken care off !!, good luck and take care.

Norm Zax
11-02-2008, 7:23 AM
Wishing you health and a speedy recovery. Nothing is worth rushing so take it one step at a time...

David Drickhamer
11-02-2008, 2:01 PM
Andrew, Don't wait. Get checked out NOW.
Your health and well being is more important than anything else. The lathe will always be there.
A friend of mine get Lyme disease two years ago and put off treatment. He has now lost some use of one of his hands.
I repeat, DON"T WAIT.
Get well,
Dave

Don Carter
11-02-2008, 6:22 PM
Andrew:
Don't worry about the lathe, it will still be there. Take care of yourself. Lyme disease can be very devastating. Let us hear from you. I will be thinking of you.
All the best.

Don

Nathan Hawkes
11-03-2008, 6:07 PM
Andrew, you need to go to the hospital and get this checked immediately. Lyme carries potential for permanent damage. Don't wait. Everything else--read job, lathe, etc. will mean nothing if you don't treat this.

Eugene Malone
11-03-2008, 6:46 PM
Andrew,If I had a penny for every time I heard ,(If I had gone sooner they would have fixed me up no problem) dont be one of those. You owe it to your loved ones and friends to get help. Thoughts and prayers will be with you, God Bless Eugene Malone

Andrew Derhammer
11-03-2008, 9:11 PM
I'm heading to the doctors tomorrow. I wasn't "diagnosed" per say for lyme disease last time, the doc didn't trust the test that came up negative cuz they are unreliable. The other likely suspect is that it could be my thyroid as there is a history in my family. I guess i'll find out tomorrow which means blood work.

Joshua Dinerstein
11-04-2008, 3:38 PM
I guess i'll find out tomorrow which means blood work.
I hate hate hate needles. I have done my best to go for years without getting a shot. But in this case a simple stick or two is nothing compared to getting help in time. Don't sweat the needles and the blood work. It is very very short term, though a killer at the time, and get better. Regardless of whatever it is that is wrong listen to your DR and follow his/her advice and before you know you will be back at the lathe wreaking more havoc. I mean turning more large bowls. :)

Joshua

Andrew Derhammer
11-04-2008, 4:21 PM
I hate hate hate needles. I have done my best to go for years without getting a shot. But in this case a simple stick or two is nothing compared to getting help in time. Don't sweat the needles and the blood work. It is very very short term, though a killer at the time, and get better. Regardless of whatever it is that is wrong listen to your DR and follow his/her advice and before you know you will be back at the lathe wreaking more havoc. I mean turning more large bowls. :)

Joshua
I don't mind needles at all, last time for lyme disease it took 8 times until they found a vein. I'm scheduled for about 7 tonight.

john taliaferro
11-04-2008, 5:38 PM
break a leg.well be right here , ill put your name on the list . john t;)