PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Ca Woodworking Show

John Keane
11-01-2008, 5:21 PM
I went to the show this morning and was disappointed at the number and quality of offerings. IMHO the show has deteriorated over the past two years to be a non event. The show is significant for the abscence of vendors like Delta, Incra, Rockler, Petabo, etc. Most of the vendors I have never seen or heard of before.

Mike Henderson
11-01-2008, 6:39 PM
I went this morning and was generally satisfied - but I had a free admission. I wasn't looking for major tools so maybe that's why I was more satisfied. I picked up some deep reach clamps and some wood from the truck parked at the entrance. And I enjoyed just looking around at the other stuff.

But I didn't have any high expectations, either.

Mike

[When I was at the Lee Valley booth, I saw a guy with a name tag saying "Rob". So I thought to myself - "I'm going to meet Rob Lee." But it was not to be. When I asked the guy if he was Rob Lee, he said no, Rob was not there. Too bad.]

Ted Miller
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
It's like shopping at the super market, I just go for deals. One kid had a few tables with two Freud router bit cases with a post it note said 1/2 off all bits. Bought 30 bits for $57.00 cash. Allpro had 12" jet clamps for $16.00, 31" for $21.00 and the door set was $79.00. Forrest guy had some older new 12" blades under his table for $50.00. Peachtree has 1/2 off on all Freud dado sets SD508 was $99.00 and 10" and 12" blades as well.

Always go the last few hours on the last day, best deals around. In and out in less than 2 hrs...