PDA

View Full Version : Three Cheers for Randy Privett

Hilel Salomon
11-01-2008, 8:45 AM
There have been a few posts recently complaining about poor communications and poor service from vendors of tools. Monster-tools' Randy Privett is absolutely as good as you can hope for. He answers your questions, helps you make the right choice and his tools are superbly made. Having bought his articulated hollower for my SC shop, I'm going to get another set for VA. It is so smooth that it inspires confidence even with a fumbling hack like me.
Regards, Hilel.

Roger Turnbough
11-01-2008, 9:14 AM
I looked back a couple of weeks in the posts and didnt see any info on Randy. He lost his wife on Oct 12th, after a long battle with Cancer. I hope you will all keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he tries to put the pieces of his life back together.

Roger

Ken Glass
11-01-2008, 9:30 AM
I too, have an Articulating Arm Monster Hollowing Tool and as many have said it is top notch work and a great person manufacturing it.
My prayers and condolences go out to Randy and his family. May God shelter and keep watch over him and his family now and in the weeks and months ahead.

Craig Powers
11-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I searched briefly with no luck. Does he have a website?

Randy Degen
11-01-2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.monster-wood-tool.com/

Steve Schlumpf
11-01-2008, 10:39 AM
My wife Colleen and I had the privilege of meeting Randy and spending some time with him last October! We got the shop tour and of course we talked tools. At the time, I had just received my Monster Captured Rig System and was just starting to get into hollow forms. Randy is a wealth of knowledge and gave me all sorts of pointers about tools and turning! He also showed us the new Articulating Arm System that he was in the process of developing. I was very impressed and when he offered it for larger lathes - I got one!

As Hilel stated - Randy does quality work, loves to talk tools and will help in any way he can. Seriously, everything that comes out of his shop is of the highest quality!

Note to Randy: Colleen and I are so sorry to hear of your loss! Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your entire family!

Bernie Weishapl
11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Like Steve I have both Randy's captured rig which I keep setup on the C-man lathe and the articulating arm unit I use on the Nova. Both are outstanding. Well made and he even threw in extra allen screws and hardware in case on of the little items got lost in the chips.

Randy our hearts and prayers are with you and your family my friend.

Bob Hallowell
11-01-2008, 4:25 PM
Randy's stuff is top notch,

Randy sorry to here about your loss, our prayers go out to you and your family.

Bob