PDA

View Full Version : Wall signs needed

mike klein
10-31-2008, 1:56 PM
I have a customer needing some additional wall signs as shown in the attached picture. The braile is not needed. The main thing I'm looking for is the blank plates with the slot at the bottom for sliding nameplates into. I will add my own numbers at the top.

Mike

Scott Erwin
10-31-2008, 2:02 PM
I have a customer needing some additional wall signs as shown in the attached picture. The braile is not needed. The main thing I'm looking for is the blank plates with the slot at the bottom for sliding nameplates into. I will add my own numbers at the top.

Mike

Johnson Plastics 341-66 1/16" wallradius corner
241-66 square corner 6"x6"

Hope this helps...

mike klein
10-31-2008, 9:20 PM
Customer wants to stay with the molded plastic (as I call it). Large slider plate at the bottom. Looks like they were custom made as they aren't available anyplace.

James Rambo
11-01-2008, 1:58 PM
http://www.scottsigns.com/catalogPDFs/2008web_catalog.pdf
take a look at this company. maybe send them the same pic as in your post.

mike klein
11-01-2008, 2:12 PM
Thanks James,

Looking thru their literature it seems they might have something very similar to what I need. I sent them an email so will wait to hear back.

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2008, 2:42 PM
Those signs are Photopolymer made signs. He/she may want one, but one piece is going to cost them well over $100 to have made. The paint used to paint them is a Polyurethane paint and it generally costs about $90 a quart. Being it's black, I'd assume some will have that in stock that is used to dealing with it, but any non standard color is going to cost you about $100 a color to add to the sign.

It's not a complicated sign to make, but it's 100% a Photopolymer made sign.

A large part of my business is dealing with signs like that and using other methods to reproduce the same look/feel of the sign.

You can certainly make it with your laser and it'll be very close to looking exactly like that. You can do that cheaper than you can have 1 sign made using the Photopolymer process.

Scott Signs uses Photopolymer to make their signs.

I had some items quoted last week by another company. They start at about $1.00 a square inch for a single color and the prices go up from there. Adding slider bars, colors, etc. will quickly get you over the $100 mark.