PDA

View Full Version : Superior Service From Jet

Steve Mellott
10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Last week, I bought a new Jet 1642 lathe and couldn't get the centers on the headstock and tailstock to align. I tried all the suggestions offered on this site but to no avail. Yesterday, I called Jet and without any prompting on my part, Bobby (the Jet rep) offered to send me a new tailstock. This morning (less than 24 hours later), the new tailstock arrived at my house. This did resolve the alignment problem and I am now a very satisfied Jet customer!

Steve

Ken Fitzgerald
10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Steve...That is great news!

Steve Schlumpf
10-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow! Always good to hear about good service but most importantly - it took care of the problem! Looking forward to seeing some of your work real soon!

Mike Peace
10-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow! That is impressive. Happy to hear that you are up and running now without any wobbles.

Now let's see some turnings!

Philip Morris
10-31-2008, 1:01 PM
I want to echo Steve's positive experience with Jet Customer Service.

Recently called them regarding a small crack I noticed in the toolrest base of an almost 5 year old 1236. Paperwork indicates that it came with a 2 year warranty. I called to ask if Jet retroactively extended the warranty periods on the older machines since the new ones have 5 years.

They said the warranty was not extended on the older machines, but offered to send a new replacement anyway. Can't ask for better service than that!

Bernie Weishapl
10-31-2008, 1:59 PM
Wow Steve that is great to hear. Glad it is good to go.