PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a Eurosaw bandsaw

Jeremy Parkins
10-31-2008, 8:59 AM
There is a bandsaw I was thinking of going to look at near me. It is a Eurosaw according to the guy selling it and he does not have much more info. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of Eurosaws and what their quality is?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thomas S Stockton
10-31-2008, 9:49 AM
My skeptical mind is guessing it is a Taiwanese saw that there trying to make sound like its from europe.
Tom

Ken Fitzgerald
10-31-2008, 9:56 AM
I wonder if he's using a generic term for an Italian or eastern European bandsaw?

Mini-Max, Laguna and Agazzani bandsaws are made in Italy. Laguna sells one of it's cheaper saws that is made in one of the eastern European countries. Old age prevents me from remembering where.

Jeremy Parkins
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Tom-

I am thinking you are right.. I think it is literally says Eurosaw on the sticker... It worries me when even google has not heard of it...

Jeremy

Lucas Bittick
10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Seems like this is more if an industrial saw?

Here's an auction listing:
http://www.machinetools.com/MT/machines/index.tmpl?page=detail&ListingID=122454202812141555

Heres a spec sheet for Eurosaw miter-cutting bandsaws (sold in Australia):
http://www.generaltools.com.au/images/lr68.pdf

It's listed on this sizing chart from the UK:
http://www.sawmatic.co.uk/bandsaw%20lengths.htm

Spanish company called Eurosaw makes saw blades:
http://www.eurosaw.com/en/company.htm

Seems to me there probably isn't a lot of English marketing material out there, but that Eurosaws are available worldwide.

Jeremy Parkins
10-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Lucas-

Thanks.. I had found all but the first link... and that is actually the saw. It does not look to bad. I may have to go look at it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Paul B. Cresti
10-31-2008, 1:01 PM
My guess is the Eurosaw he is refering to may very well be an Agazzani. Eagle Tools out in California use to sell these saws (still do) under the "Euroshop" label....I even think they may have been selling MiniMax under the Euroshop name.

Bruce Page
10-31-2008, 1:46 PM
It's worth a look.
How much is he asking?

Dave Sabo
11-01-2008, 7:14 PM
the green colored auction saw looks like an older Meber saw. made in Italy and used to make Laguna's stuff. 9" resaw is likely to be a 16" saw or really a 500mm one.

750 is a good price if the saw is mechanically in good shape.

Mike Heidrick
11-01-2008, 8:08 PM
Seems like this is more if an industrial saw?

Marketed to factories?

That machine is NOT better built (more industrial) than my MM20, or a Laguna, or an Aggi.

Pete Bradley
11-01-2008, 9:21 PM
It's got a 3-phase motor on it, so factor in the cost of a VFD or a new motor unless you have 3-phase power. I'm also curious how the motor drives the wheel in this machine. Direct?

Pete

Jeremy Parkins
11-01-2008, 9:55 PM
I am going to go take a look at it.. what the heck.

Thanks for all the info.

Mike Heidrick
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
It's got a 3-phase motor on it, so factor in the cost of a VFD or a new motor unless you have 3-phase power. I'm also curious how the motor drives the wheel in this machine. Direct?

Pete

If it has a 3-phase motor that is awesome. You add the VFD and it becomes variable speed! That would be good. Also check the pully config to see how fast the blade moves. If it was designed to cut metal then it probably moves really slow.

Pete Bradley
11-02-2008, 9:37 AM
If it has a 3-phase motor that is awesome. You add the VFD and it becomes variable speed!
How does that help a band saw? It's variable, but there's only so much range that's usable with the OEM motor.

Pete

Jim Becker
11-02-2008, 9:57 AM
Pete, that's somewhat of a good point since for woodcutting, the blade speed it typically at a pretty good clip (~3000 fpm, if I'm remembering correctly, but don't quote me on that speed) and variability doesn't do much. That said, a VFD may be less expensive than buying a new motor, even if you don't vary the speed.