PDA

View Full Version : And There was Light -- Nearing the end of construction.

Don Bullock
10-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, the florescent lights have been installed, all the electrical switches and plugs are in. All that's left are a few "touch up" things to be done including an extension of the driveway before final inspection. It won't be long now.:D

The shop end will be well lit with 32 4 foot t8s.

While I'm waiting for the last items to be finished I decided to get busy painting the interior. This week I got the primer done.

Here's a picture of me painting the ceiling.

I still haven't decided on what to do with the floor. There is enough laminate flooring left over from the house to install under my workbench area down by the windows. I'm well over budget so I don't have the money for epoxy.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Looking great Don! You are on the home stretch now.

Jim Becker
10-31-2008, 8:09 AM
Wow...whatta nice space!

Duane McGuire
10-31-2008, 8:11 AM
Congratulations ... you're taking it to the finish line! Looks great!

Jim O'Dell
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Your're getting there Don! Really looking good. Can't wait to see the tools rolling in. Thanks for the update! Jim.

Don Bullock
10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Your're getting there Don! Really looking good. Can't wait to see the tools rolling in. Thanks for the update! Jim.

Thanks Jim. I still don't see the tools rolling in very soon. SWMBO needs to make a decision on the flooring and we have to figure out how we're going to move the major equipment down to the new shop. I was hoping to make the move the week after Thanksgiving. Our plans have had to chance since I'll be out of town the whole Thanksgiving weekend at dog shows in Arizona. The move may be delayed until she has her Winter Break at school. By then we'll have weather to consider as well because we'll be getting into the rainy months for Southern California. I'm really in no hurry to make the move either.